Why is there no Netflix and Hulu support in XBMC as of yet?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Dukenukemx Offline
Cool, yea I'm using Windows.
find quote
jhsrennie Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
Dukenukemx Wrote:Cool, yea I'm using Windows.

If you don't mind a slightly hacky solution see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...nal_player

JR
find quote
fekker Offline
Posting Freak
if you want to try the one i've been working on, see this post
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=658...stcount=24

pm me or reply in that thread with feedback, keep in mind it's a work in progress
(This post was last modified: 2010-12-06 00:35 by fekker.)
find quote
replica9000 Offline
I know I can run GUI apps from one Linux box to another over SSH, maybe there is a way for Linux to SSH to a windows machine and run Firefox with the silverlight plugin? And then launch that inside XBMC...
find quote
poofyhairguy Offline
Resident Hardware Guru
One thing to note- Netflix as a rule FORCES computers to have inferior streams than Netflix ready devices have. The quality of Netflix from a PS3 or a Netflix enabled Blu Ray player is FAR better than can be had on a PC.

If you really want Netflix, a Netflix enabled Blu Ray player is a great way to go. Considering the fact that XBMC can't play Blu Ray discs the two devices together have a great synergy.

Mini/Micro ITX Frontend (with SSD) + Mediaserver/NAS + Logitech Harmony + LCD/LED/Plasma TV + Nice AV Receiver + XBMC + USENET + sabnzbd + sickbeard +couchpotato

My Setup--HTPC Building Guide- Start Here--Advice on Hard Drives and SSDs--Mediaserver Guide--Harmony Guide
find quote
replica9000 Offline
poofyhairguy Wrote:One thing to note- Netflix as a rule FORCES computers to have inferior streams than Netflix ready devices have. The quality of Netflix from a PS3 or a Netflix enabled Blu Ray player is FAR better than can be had on a PC.

If you really want Netflix, a Netflix enabled Blu Ray player is a great way to go. Considering the fact that XBMC can't play Blu Ray discs the two devices together have a great synergy.

Actually if you have libbluray, you can build XBMC with Blu-Ray support. I wonder if PC quality suffers due to Silverlight being a flash-like video stream.
find quote
rflores2323 Offline
Posting Freak
check this out [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix experimental Movies / TV Shows (Video) Addon for XBMC

ATV1 with crystalbuntu (12.2 frodo) as main theater. Theater remote URC MX-810, droidx with xbmc remote, or transformer tf101 with YATSE. 3 x ATV2 (V12.2 frodo).

find quote