• 8(current)
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation
arkryal Wrote:I don't use that, but lets look at the code and figure it out.

Code:
<texture fallback="cd/default.png">backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture>

"cd/default.png" is the default or fallback image to load in the absence of other artwork. Changing that will make the new art the standard for all CDs. I assume you want the unique image of each CD, so we'll keep looking.

"backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png"

That says the script should first look in a folder called "backdrops/artist_fanart/cd" inside the skin/media directory. You may need to create those folders.

There it looks for a PNG image named "Artist-Album.png" where artist and album would obviously be changed to whatever text you have under each heading in the track's ID3 tag. Look at the info in XBMC and make sure you name your file exactly as it's listed (case included).

For example, we'll use the song "Rainbow in the dark" by Ronnie James Dio, off the Holy Diver album.

Go to (or if need be create) the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\skin\Confluence\media\backdrops\artist_fanart\cd"
Now paste the CD art into that folder and rename it: "Dio-Holy Diver.png" Now it should display instead of the default for songs on that album.

Possible hang-ups:
• If you use the CD+Vinyl mod, you'll have to change the code for albums before 1985.
• If you use the latest CD art I've posted, you must edit the visibility settings to remove the lighting effects or they will overlay the new art and it won't look good. The original version by dfmos works great for this by default since it uses no lighting overlays.
• Be sure your images are PNG files (NOT jpeg) and are transparency enabled. If you have a square image for a CD with a white background, you'll see the corners spinning too and it'll look pretty bad. Good art in = great output. The garbage CD scans you find in most torrents will look terrible. You'll have to search for CD art manually, as there's no one resource for them all, and the scraper (to my knowledge) doesn't grab that art.

I added the image as described to the folder and it works without any problems, but I think, it would be better placing the cdart image into the ablum folder.
The images are deleted when updating the skin.

What do I have to change to place it inside the album-folder?
arkryal, It's been a couple weeks, still anxiously waiting for your changes.
Nice mod, I love it.

But i cannot get the fanart to work, I have an external harddrive where I have all my music, covers etc etc works all fine, but I cannot get the fanart to work.
The defaultfanart.jpg is working fine.

Can I pu the fanart in thesame folder as the musicfiles and cover.jpg?
Or where should I put the fanarts, please someone explain this to me, I am getting crazý about this!

Thanks!
going crazy again! I do ot know where to put the fanart image, what the name should be on the file and in wich folder i shuld be!

Please,someone help me!
for example, when I fix my videos, i put folder.jpg and fanart.jpg in the same folder as the movie-filem this works perfectly!

but not when i make this for my musicalbums, the folder.jpg is working perfectly, but not the fanart.jpg... don´t understand where I shall put the fanarts for my musicabums...?
I used to have this mod working on my old machine, but I just upgraded boxes. As such, I've copied the files to the correct location and when I enter the "Now Playing" screen, all I get is a black screen.

I really don't even know where to begin to provide more data that would help solve this. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC to reset everything, but every time I get the black screen and that's it.

Anyone have any ideas?
download link isn't working for me
^ +1

Has anyone a copy of this mod?
Just a little bump requesting it also...
bump for file as well!
Hey guys. Sadly I did a reformat at the same time the forums got wasted. As a result, the last revision I did is lost somewhere on the net, (no idea where I hosted it). I'll dig around a bit and see if I can't find that or a copy of the original. If I do, I'll post it. If not, I may rewrite it when I get some free time. Hang in there for a little while and I'll see what I can do to get you all a copy.

Edit:

Here's a copy of a slightly older version. This does have the sidebar visualization, which was removed from the final release. It contains the new CD art, the record art for tracks before 1985, animated record arm. The next track is a bit screwy, but when I locate of re-write, it'll be fixed. It may take me a while, but if you'd like to edit this one in the mean time, feel free. Fonts need tweaking.

Basically, don't consider this a release, it's the leftover scraps for anyone who wants to rebuild it. If you don't know how to edit the skin, wait for me or someone else to post something more complete.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymyjwqwrjgj

Edit 2:

I decided to dust off an old copy and completely re-work it. I'll be combining it with a few other new features. Being that it's different from the original, I may start a new thread when I'm ready to release it. Please be patient, I don't want to post a work in progress and make people update it.

Here's my progress so far.

Has weather and large clock. Uses updated CD art, and animated record art for tracks earlier than 1985.
Includes full screen visualization. When visualization is off, it shows fanart.
Includes album info text (critic reviews)
Has B-side stamp

click the image for an enlarged view, the tiny thumbnail does it little justice.

As you can see, I still need to do some font work and reposition a few things. I'm hoping I can do more with the rss feed as well. I'll need to put in a backup plan for text when album reviews aren't available (probably artist info or possibly lyrics if I can get the formatting right). It's a long way from being done, but I've got a couple days off this week to toy with it. Any suggestions?

Edit 3:
Started new thread with the current version I'm working on. You can see it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=5...post542126
Ok heres a link to the Fanart mod.
With the Default Fanart when none is used. (fanart.jpg)
Default CD-ART when none is in the current album folder. (cdart.png)

The older posts have not been recovery since the server crash. Sad
I havent been on the forums in a while (mainly waiting for 10.5 to come out Nod)

Ok heres the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2nnjmmng3m...-2010).zip

PS: If any of you guys are using the XBMC Current nightlies not the offical ones. (dont expect everything to work with those builds)
the skin folder is now located in the addons folder, so thats where the confluence Skin folder is where you will have to add the mod, thanks!
Download X-cite_V0.3 - 13th June 2007
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
dfmos Wrote:Ok heres a link to the Fanart mod.
With the Default Fanart when none is used. (fanart.jpg)
Default CD-ART when none is in the current album folder. (cdart.png)

The older posts have not been recovery since the server crash. Sad
I havent been on the forums in a while (mainly waiting for 10.5 to come out Nod)

Ok heres the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2nnjmmng3m...-2010).zip

PS: If any of you guys are using the XBMC Current nightlies not the offical ones. (dont expect everything to work with those builds)
the skin folder is now located in the addons folder, so thats where the confluence Skin folder is where you will have to add the mod, thanks!

Really like that mod. However, unfortunately the fanart is almost invisible with the new SVN version of XBMC since there is a semi transparent black layer over it ;-) any idea how to fix this?
Nevermind,

I just modded the music vizualization.xml so that i can see the fanart instead of the black background when no visualization is activated and kept everything else to default.

still would love to just have an image-slideshow of a picture folder. Anybody got an idea how to implement that ?? (basically it should just be like the screensaver oder image slideshow functionality but in music visualization).

just add the following in line 22

Code:
<control type="image">
        <description>visualisation background</description>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>720</height>
        <colordiffuse>FFFFFFFF</colordiffuse>
        <visible>!Visualisation.Enabled + Player.HasAudio</visible>

<texture fallback="DefaultFanart.jpg">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>                     
    </control>

<control type="image">
        <description>visualisation background</description>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>720</height>
        <colordiffuse>eeeeeeee</colordiffuse>                    
        <visible>Visualisation.Enabled + Player.HasAudio</visible>

<texture fallback="DefaultFanart.jpg">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture> >

</control>
Hi @ all,

anyone found out how to get rid of the semi-transparent overlay?
I tried it myself but unfortunately no success...

Help is much appreciated...

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation1