• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 3.06
sircube Wrote:Hi Scarfa,
awesome work!

another thiny bug: season thumbs disappear with other than English language.
Config: ATV 2.3
XBMC 9.11
Rapier 3

To reproduce:
1. select languange in SYSTEM: other than English (used Hungarian and Danish)
2. go to TVSHOWS: (Wide Icon for me), select a show
3. SEASONS view appear: (LIST view for me) ----> PROBLEM DETECTED: seasons listed but witouth season thumbs

Going back and set English in SYSTEM->SETTINGS->INTERNATIONAL --- language cures it. SEASONS thumbs are back and presented as they should.

cheers, sircube

Don't know why this would happen. It might not be a skin problem.
B4UTRUST Wrote:Alright, figured out part of my issue.
The parameter needs to be set as TVShows not TV Shows.

The submenu works to a degree now, however for some reason when I use the advanced controls to set the submenu, my normal TV shows won't default to title view. It goes into the root mode that then lets me select between title, genre, year, etc. Trying to set it as default won't stick. It'll work for a few tries then I'll go back in and it'll be back to the root. And everytime XBMC is restarted it defaults back. It won't stay as Title view.

However, if I go back to the simple mode, it goes right back into title view no problems. And it stays like that. I'm not sure what file I would have to edit to make sure it stayed like that or even where to look. But it's something that's kind of weird to me and a bit annoying.

Where are you trying to add the sources? Not all submenu's behave the same. buttons that direct to the video library can go into 'videos', 'movies', 'tv shows'. If you have a custom source that you added via 'add source' or edited the sources.xml file then they can only be added into 'videos' submenu.

If you are trying to add your own custom source that you labeled tvshows or whatever then edit the videos submenu. Make sure to change the toggle option to 'This button takes a custom source' then simply type in the name of the source. If you just want to create a button that directs you to the tv show titles in the video library, then there is already a default button in the videos submenu that directs you there. However if you want to create another button for whatever reason then simply use 'TVShowTitles' without quotes as the parameter. For reference, this page lists what built in categories are available.

Another method is to use the folder path. I've added an option in skin settings in Rapier 3.06 that allows you to show the folder path in the info panel when you're browsing your media. For instance if I wanted to link to the animation genre in my movies library, I would navigate to it, make note of the library path in the info panel which in this case is videodb://1/1/19, and then copy it into the parameter field when editing the videos, movies, or tv shows submenu.
scarfa Wrote:Don't know why this would happen. It might not be a skin problem.

normal!

the season thumb is cached with is label, so changing language is changing label.
no thumbs are found in other language.
Scarfa,

Fantastic new version, thanks - a lot of work has clearly gone into this!

Only issue for me is that I use pictures for backgrounds on the Home screen, and backgrounds now extend behind the bottom menu bar (they didn't before), so I now lose some of the picture.

Is there a quick workaround / fix for this?

Thanks,

Mike
Hi Scarfa,

Absolutely love the new version of the skin, works so much better than before.

I was wondering if you could help me. I am no expert at modding skins but previously I had managed to cobble together a mod to Rapier using information found on this forum. After the latest update, the mod no longer works.

Basically I had setup the DialogVideoInfo.xml so that when you went to the info screen of a video and selected play from there, it would queue it up and play it using the Home Cinema Experience script.

That way the video file could be played normally from the library or i can go into the info screen when I wanted to view trailers and enhance the experience when I have friends over to watch films.

If you could give me any help on how to add that in again, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

p.s. sorry for the wall of text!
Hi Scarfa,

as I already wrote in the release thread - thanks for this great skin. I currently miss two things:
- last.fm support for the buttons "love" and "hate" like in Confluence
- scrolling the wallview vertically and not horizontally (vertical allows for faster browsing as more covers appear)

Would be great if you could implement this for v4 or some inbetween release Smile
Hi scarfa,
as always, huge thanks for your great skin, tried them all, but your's is the best.

One thing i noticed: I just updated to 3.06, but the new dropdown menu is empty in "Movies" (using the "Wrap Info" view). It worked in 3.0 ...

cheers!
Smile 
Hey Scarfa,

Awesome update! Thanks!

All is working well except for a few things:

1) Top bar color will not change to blue or dark black, only grey and white. (mentioned before by someone else, but I can confirm its happening to me as well)

2) I LOVE the animated wallpapers, however, people's heads are chopped off because the wallpaper spans and pans behind the top and bottom bars. Any way to fix for at least the top bar?

3) Sometimes when I start playing a movie directly from a library view, it freezes my XBOX. If I queue a movie and then enter "Now Playing" and click it again, it will never freeze. Any idea whyHuh

Thanks.
mike2708 Wrote:Scarfa,

Fantastic new version, thanks - a lot of work has clearly gone into this!

Only issue for me is that I use pictures for backgrounds on the Home screen, and backgrounds now extend behind the bottom menu bar (they didn't before), so I now lose some of the picture.

Is there a quick workaround / fix for this?

Thanks,

Mike

Currently I'm using a scaling method that tries to fill the screen and preserve the image aspect ratio at the same time. So the amount of the image that gets cut off will depend on how closely the image conforms to the available screen space. I gather you are trying to use images that are way smaller in width?

Heres a modified file that centers the image but won't fill the screen: DOWNLOAD

Put that into the 720p directory and overwrite. In future releases I may add an option to either scale or center backgrounds.
kurnalbert Wrote:Hi Scarfa,

Absolutely love the new version of the skin, works so much better than before.

I was wondering if you could help me. I am no expert at modding skins but previously I had managed to cobble together a mod to Rapier using information found on this forum. After the latest update, the mod no longer works.

Basically I had setup the DialogVideoInfo.xml so that when you went to the info screen of a video and selected play from there, it would queue it up and play it using the Home Cinema Experience script.

That way the video file could be played normally from the library or i can go into the info screen when I wanted to view trailers and enhance the experience when I have friends over to watch films.

If you could give me any help on how to add that in again, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

p.s. sorry for the wall of text!

Check your PM.
da-anda Wrote:Hi Scarfa,

as I already wrote in the release thread - thanks for this great skin. I currently miss two things:
- last.fm support for the buttons "love" and "hate" like in Confluence
- scrolling the wallview vertically and not horizontally (vertical allows for faster browsing as more covers appear)

Would be great if you could implement this for v4 or some inbetween release Smile

Sure I can add last.fm buttons.

Wall view scrolls horizontally for performance reasons. Going vertically could be an option in a future update.
censor Wrote:Hi scarfa,
as always, huge thanks for your great skin, tried them all, but your's is the best.

One thing i noticed: I just updated to 3.06, but the new dropdown menu is empty in "Movies" (using the "Wrap Info" view). It worked in 3.0 ...

cheers!

I didn't change any functionality. Best thing to do is delete the guisettings.xml file in the UserData folder or 'Reset Settings' in skin settings.
crazycage Wrote:Hey Scarfa,

Awesome update! Thanks!

All is working well except for a few things:

1) Top bar color will not change to blue or dark black, only grey and white. (mentioned before by someone else, but I can confirm its happening to me as well)

2) I LOVE the animated wallpapers, however, people's heads are chopped off because the wallpaper spans and pans behind the top and bottom bars. Any way to fix for at least the top bar?

3) Sometimes when I start playing a movie directly from a library view, it freezes my XBOX. If I queue a movie and then enter "Now Playing" and click it again, it will never freeze. Any idea whyHuh

Thanks.

1) Don't understand why this would happen but will look into it.
2) Well the only way to animate is to move the image and zoom within the space and that would move parts of the edge off the screen unless I did some fancy work to compensate.
3) Could be lack of memory available. Are you sometimes missing some movie covers when scrolling? Best thing to do is reduce the thumbnail size in scraper settings to 384 to give the Xbox some breathing room.
Hi scarfa... could you add last.fm controls? it's maybe the only thing that this skin lacks...
3.06 bug
GENERAL:
blue background (focused item) is hanged in favorites
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 3.060