Basic (stupid) playlists question
hi there,

I'm relatively new to XBMC, but I've breezed through installation (the latest camelot release) and the addition of my media folders (music and movies). No problems there.

My HTPC also happens to have some video playlists (m3u and pls formats) that I was hoping XBMC would be able to work with. That's where my trouble begins ... I read through several threads and some suggest "browse to it" others suggest "import the playlist" ... however (1) when I'm in browse mode the only thing I'm able to do is navigate through previously added folders/sources or add another source. When I call up the playlist (via OSD) the only playlist I get to see is the "now playing" playlist and no way to navigate to some other playlist. how do I navigate to a playlist to open it? (2) I don't see a path to import a playlist either.

I tried copying the playlist files to the userdata\playlists\video folder hoping it would show up in xbmc but it obviously didn't pick it up from there on restart.

Seems to me I am missing something fundamental/silly. Any help would be appreciated.
OK. That's just convenient. I posted this thread after hours of futility. And finally found the "file manager" within minutes of posting for help. It was a tad hidden in the mediastream redux skin (realized you have to hit right arrow instead of enter on system)

New question ...

I was able to open and play my m3u playlist. Weird thing now is that I'm not able to tsave it as a standard xbmc playlist. The files are playing in the right order, but The OSD doesn't show the playlist button anymore. Is there anyway to save the loaded playlist as a regular playlist in my regular folder?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Basic (stupid) playlists question0