sorttitle on TV Show title?
Hi,

Hope this is the right place to post this, I wasn't sure whether to put it here or in feature suggestions.

I've found the <sorttitle> tag really useful for my movies library. I'm wondering if there's a similar feature for TV shows. I know that the sort order for episodes can be switched between aired and dvd, but I'm thinking about the actual show title. For example, the various Star Trek series, I'd like them to sort as below, rather than alphabetically as they do currently...

Star Trek: The Original Series
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: Enterprise

I've tried putting a <sorttitle> tag in tvshow.nfo but it didn't seem to have an effect.

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this? If not I'll submit a feature suggestion.

Thanks,
Chris
I'm with you on this one Chris. And thats the exact series I'm looking to sort funny enough! Laugh

All the reading I've done suggests it can't be done - yet!

Have you submitted it as a feature request?
try http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/359573/
The tag <sorttitle> in tvshows is explicitly NOT designed to accomplish the same thing as it does in movies -- the wiki states explicitly that the value inserted into <sorttitle> DOES NOT show in library view.

What is then its purpose? It escapes me. I totally agree to a feature request to make it accomplish the same as in movies.
(2020-04-09, 10:13)DiMag Wrote: What is then its purpose? It escapes me. I totally agree to a feature request to make it accomplish the same as in movies.
There is no <sorttitle> in tv shows. If you have them in your NFO files, then that is coming from whatever media manager you are using.

Maybe this is of some use... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread moved to the tv show scraping section, whilst wondering why someone is replying to a 10 year old thread...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sorttitle on TV Show title?0