• 2(current)
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features
qualar Wrote:How much is it trimming. If it is just a little it could be down to the diffuse image that I am using to give the covers curved corners. If you feel it is cropping too much upload a screenshot and I will have a look at fixing.

Will do as soon as I get home. WORK BLOWS!!
Kyle Reese Wrote:The skin operates really great, the only thing I noticed so far was that the 3d wrap view mode is definitely darker than the other view modes. The posters and fanart look like they have a dim switch put on them almost, is that on purpose? If so, is there a way to remove that "dimness" via an xml file? I think that view mode would look really good if it was the same darkness as the other movie views

I have just done a test and I cannot see that it is darker. You can turn of dimming on the settings bar. Not sure if you have tried that.
igotdvds Wrote:Will do as soon as I get home. WORK BLOWS!!

No need to send a screenshot, I have fixed it for you it will be in the next upload.
qualar Wrote:No need to send a screenshot, I have fixed it for you it will be in the next upload.

One of these days Qualar, I'll do something for you. Ask if you need any help with anything. Thanks!
qualar Wrote:I have just done a test and I cannot see that it is darker. You can turn of dimming on the settings bar. Not sure if you have tried that.

Check out these 2 pics:
http://tinypic.com/r/mh81zd/6
http://tinypic.com/r/2i9s843/6

Pic #1 is the 3d wrap, and there's more contrast it seems like; pic #2 is the info wrap mode and it looks normal. It's not the background that's dark/more contrast, it's pretty much the posters and the smaller version of the fanart. If you save the pics, then go back and forth you can definitely see it.

I should mention that I'm using the mac version of XBMC, just in case that matters any. Thanks!
Kyle Reese Wrote:Check out these 2 pics:
http://tinypic.com/r/mh81zd/6
http://tinypic.com/r/2i9s843/6

Pic #1 is the 3d wrap, and there's more contrast it seems like; pic #2 is the info wrap mode and it looks normal. It's not the background that's dark/more contrast, it's pretty much the posters and the smaller version of the fanart. If you save the pics, then go back and forth you can definitely see it.

I should mention that I'm using the mac version of XBMC, just in case that matters any. Thanks!

Looked at your screenshots and I still cannot see the problem, the contrast on your screenshots look indetical to me. Also can you confirm that you don't have the do not dim setting off on that view.

Also just checked an my contrast is identical on both those views.

Can anyone else confirm if they are seeing this issue?
qualar Wrote:Looked at your screenshots and I still cannot see the problem. Also can you confirm that you don't have the do not dim setting off on that view.

Also just checked an my contrast is identical on both those views.

Can anyone else confirm if they are seeing this issue?

I checked my settings and the "do not dim setting" isn't checked off, but if I check it off its only lightens up the background all the way in the back, nothing else.

http://i46.tinypic.com/29xhzcj.png

Above is a link to a screen shot I made comparing the 2 previous pics I put up; I just cut out a poster. You can see the 2nd pic is definitely darker or has more contrast, or maybe even saturation. I circled an area in green: in the 3d wrap it's almost pitch black, but the info wrap is more light and you can see more of the "hairs" on the creature in the poster. Looking around the creatures eyes in the 3d wrap is almost black too, but there's way less black in the info wrap. You may have to zoom in, but there is definitely a difference; any other users please chime in and tell me if they don't see the difference - maybe I'm crazy!

Thanks again for looking into it, much appreciated!
Kyle Reese Wrote:I checked my settings and the "do not dim setting" isn't checked off, but if I check it off its only lightens up the background all the way in the back, nothing else.

http://i46.tinypic.com/29xhzcj.png

Above is a link to a screen shot I made comparing the 2 previous pics I put up; I just cut out a poster. You can see the 2nd pic is definitely darker or has more contrast, or maybe even saturation. I circled an area in green: in the 3d wrap it's almost pitch black, but the info wrap is more light and you can see more of the "hairs" on the creature in the poster. Looking around the creatures eyes in the 3d wrap is almost black too, but there's way less black in the info wrap. You may have to zoom in, but there is definitely a difference; any other users please chime in and tell me if they don't see the difference - maybe I'm crazy!

Thanks again for looking into it, much appreciated!

Maybe we should wait to see if anyone else is getting this because it is definately not happening on my system from what I can see. I am currently running it on my windows laptop but should get my new iMac tomorrow so I can test if it is a Mac thing.
qualar Wrote:Maybe we should wait to see if anyone else is getting this because it is definately not happening on my system from what I can see. I am currently running it on my windows laptop but should get my new iMac tomorrow so I can test if it is a Mac thing.

Seems like it may be a Mac issue, I installed XBMC on my windows XP machine and switched to that view; it looked perfectly fine.

If you find anything once you get your mac mini let me know, that's exactly what I have (the 1.83 dual core one).

Thanks again.
Kyle Reese Wrote:Seems like it may be a Mac issue, I installed XBMC on my windows XP machine and switched to that view; it looked perfectly fine.

If you find anything once you get your mac mini let me know, that's exactly what I have (the 1.83 dual core one).

Thanks again.

I am not getting a mini, I am getting a 27" imac i7. I do have a Mac Mini connected to my TV though.
heya qualar, just tried out the new rapier 3.06 yesterday (been an avid aeon fan till now) and I really like it and use it now as my main skin. the only thing I really miss is the recently added widget that aeon has.. I see that you have it in your special rapier mod and tried that out which is cool but there are some views that seems to be missing from your mod compared to the latest rapier release. Well, what I tried was just use the old recentrelease mod you put up but I think too much has changed since then in the xml. I tried just adding the needed tags to the new home.xml but I couldnt get it working...so, my plea is that youput together another new recentrelease widget (well,i'm guessing you only need to change the home.xml file as the .py file is still the same? ) and I would be really thankfull...ojust let us know where to insert the tags in the new home.xml

ps: i tried comparing your home.xml from the mod with the orginal and they differ soo much ..i'm only really interested in the recently added part
DJ_Elo Wrote:heya qualar, just tried out the new rapier 3.06 yesterday (been an avid aeon fan till now) and I really like it and use it now as my main skin. the only thing I really miss is the recently added widget that aeon has.. I see that you have it in your special rapier mod and tried that out which is cool but there are some views that seems to be missing from your mod compared to the latest rapier release. Well, what I tried was just use the old recentrelease mod you put up but I think too much has changed since then in the xml. I tried just adding the needed tags to the new home.xml but I couldnt get it working...so, my plea is that youput together another new recentrelease widget (well,i'm guessing you only need to change the home.xml file as the .py file is still the same? ) and I would be really thankfull...ojust let us know where to insert the tags in the new home.xml

ps: i tried comparing your home.xml from the mod with the orginal and they differ soo much ..i'm only really interested in the recently added part

What views are missing I thought I had added them all.
No real bugs seen here except for some smb issues i'm having but thats not due to the mod

great job, keep up the great work, i wish i had the time to do this stuff
Awesome work!

Running smoothly on xbox

Just thought I'd let you know...
Cheers.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features1