Library cannot play movies, filebrowser can
I am sharing my movies from a NAS over ftp, because of problems with cifs/smb.
In the old release this worked for me, however since the camelot stable release I can only play movies from the filebrowser. When I want to start a movie in library mode it says: The file is no longer avaiable, would you like to remove it from the library?

When in library mode, I push the I for information of the movie, and I select play from that screen the movie starts playing.

Can someone please help me using the library mode, because it looks much nicer.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_submi...Bug_Report
bazzzman Wrote:I am sharing my movies from a NAS over ftp, because of problems with cifs/smb.
In the old release this worked for me, however since the camelot stable release I can only play movies from the filebrowser. When I want to start a movie in library mode it says: The file is no longer avaiable, would you like to remove it from the library?

When in library mode, I push the I for information of the movie, and I select play from that screen the movie starts playing.

Can someone please help me using the library mode, because it looks much nicer.

So this i the EXACT same problem i have: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64396

How to escalate this error to Bug-report of some sort?
I opened a ticket for it, as if I am not the only user who is having these problems. If there is something new, i will let you guys know.
Hello from Spain,

I have exactly the same problem. I can use ftp streaming from Video browse without problem, but from the library it say "file not found - remove from library?". The solution is easy and unfriendly... I must visit (Video -> my ftp site) before play any movie from library and the problem disappears. It's occurs always after restart computer/xbmc or stop any movie. Anyone can say me how do a scritp to assign a remote button to visit the ftp site without navigate in the menus. Thanks.

I need to use ftp protocol, because samba don't have the necessary perfomance for me (I have a complicated network, with a combination of PLC and wifi... that works perfectly with ftp and with my Kiss player). I can use HD, AC3 5.1, etc with ftp, It isn't a bad protocol for streaming, samba is a very bad protocol for streaming. In my opinion this is a simply bug that can be corrected easily. It isn't a bad protocol choice...

I understand that a protocol have any limitations in xbmc, but if exists a option to select, why no explain the limitations in this moment or in a wiki?.

At least one useful caution:

1. Clean library, delete all movies coming ftp from the library.

Thank you very much, and sorry for my English.
Finally I solve my problem using curlftpfs to mount a directory of my ftp in a local directory.

I have to re-done all library but I'll never use again other system diferent that mount externaly and access with xbmc as a normal directory.

The bug exist and I think must be corrected.

Aditionaly I think that a method to change the path of the sources must be implemented, I execute a UPDATE to the database and all thumbnails have been lost. I never have been this problem again, because I can mount in the same directory diferents origins now, but is very usual that the people trust in the xbmc operation.

Anyway... excelent media center, the best.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library cannot play movies, filebrowser can0