How do i upgrade from Version 2 to Version 3?
I just dl the new version 3 and put in the directory:
C:\Program Files\XBMC\skin

Untill then, there was no directory called "Rapier" there so i created one.

Then i tried to use the built in repository system to remove Version2.0 - I thought that would be necessary since it did not show up in the directory i mentionned above. This resulted in it, that xbmc created a backup (I tried "uninstall"). And now, i have 2 choices to choose from in the skin menu, borh h of them are Version 2.0

a) how can i get rid of the one i do not use and where is it on the system (win 7, default installation, first time ever using the filesystem, before only working with the built in repository system...)

b) how can i get it to run version 3?

Since this is the first time i'm actually performing an update touching the filesystem, can i mess things up? I do not want to loose my library!

Help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
If it's a non portable install, the skin can also reside in "C:\Users\YourWindowsUserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC" for Windows 7

Your profile and library database is also located here. (Might want to back it up)

If you've used a previous version of Rapier, you might also wan't to delete guisettings.xml in the UserData folder to avoid any problems.
Ty for your swift reply.

i realized that a) my windows 7 did not showed me my hidden directories, ergo i did not noticed that under my username, there is a folder called "appdata" where the skins are stored. There was also the backup.

I deleted it and replaced it with the download - and it worked, ty for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do i upgrade from Version 2 to Version 3?0