[AppleTV] joystick.AppleRemote.xml and learned playback button mappings
XBMC version 9.11 R26018 with Confluence skin.

I have been working on modifying my remote and key mappings and ran into a little problem. The Apple TV has a "learn remote" feature that includes the "basic" buttons and "playback" buttons. My question is how do the "playback" buttons map to the entries in the joystick.AppleRemote.xml file. Most of the mappings are obvious however others are not. Here are the relevant entries from joystick.AppleRemote.xml:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <joystick name="AppleRemote">
<!-- Learned remote buttons (ATV >2.3) -->
      <!-- Play -->      <button id="70">Play</button>
      <!-- Pause -->      <button id="71">Pause</button>
      <!-- Stop -->      <button id="72">Stop</button>
      <!-- Previous -->      <button id="73">SkipPrevious</button>
      <!-- Next -->      <button id="74">SkipNext</button>
      <!-- Rewind -->      <button id="75">Rewind</button>
      <!-- Forward -->      <button id="76">FastForward</button>
      <!-- Return -->      <button id="77">OSD</button>
      <!-- Enter -->      <button id="78">ShowVideoMenu</button>
Here are the names of the learned "playback" buttons in order of learning:
Play,Pause,Stop,Fast Rewind,Fast Forward,Prev Chapter,Next Chapter,Skip Back,Skip Ahead.

I guess the main question is what buttons map to "Return" and "Enter"? I am assuming that "Next" and "Previous" entries map to next and prev chapter buttons and that the others all map to buttons of the same name although they are not in the same order in the keymap file as they are learned. Thanks for the help.

Jay
BTW, I just noticed that when using a Harmony remote and the "Apple TV" device, it uses the same button names as the learned "playback" buttons instead of the names that are in the keymap file.

jay

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] joystick.AppleRemote.xml and learned playback button mappings0