XBMC Live will not boot after upgrade to Camelot
Hey everyone, have an issue that i haven't really found any kind of direct answer for, hopefully someone can help me out.
I am running XBMC Live on an acer revo 3600, and was running 9.02 and used aptitude to upgrade to 9.11 (camelot). After the update was complete, the screen resolution was different so i rebooted the machine and now, it will start to load xbmc but will stop when the screen says :
*Starting hardware abstraction level [ok]
*Checking battery state [ok]
/dev/sda:
setting advanced power management level to 0xfe (254) [ok]

it will not boot past this. any idea what i'm missing here? I can still SSH into the machine but i can't seem to find the log file, not sure if there is one at this point in the boot process?
I've got this issue too, so any thoughts that would help me fix it without doing a fresh install would be appreciated.
often, fixing a mess like this takes longer than a clean fresh install, especially with the 9.11 live distro available Wink
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
i was afraid of that... Tongue
Good luck with the Live 9.11 installer if you don't have a CDROM drive. I'm going to try going back live 9.04 and then try to upgrade to Camelot from there. 9.11 Live installer hates it if you don't have cdrom and won't allow you to install.
Well, it IS pretty disappointing. Its not really what i would call ideal. It took me quite a bit of time to get XBMC setup like i wanted. And its unfortunate that updating simply broke it so much thats its just not worth troubleshooting. I think the program itself is great, and its not going to make me stop using it or anything, but i don't think i'll be recommending it as much as i have been except to some more knowledgeable users. Oh well.
If you really want to fix it, first thing you should
do is to find out which logs and which commands you should run
to get out some decent debug info. By doing some fast googling
you will find all the commands you need and where the logs are stored.

Then come back here and post debug logs. Dont post entire
logs in this forum but use something like pastebin and link to it.

Then others here might be able to help you out.
Doesn't sound to me that this is a really serious error. From your very short
error description it sounds like some problems due to power saving features.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
well, hogfan is right in that we definitely need to get the installer fixed once and for all. I'm just lucky because i have an xbox360 HD-DVD drive lying around, but it should definitely be possible to install via USB stick.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I tried the new xbmc live-usb installer on my ion plattform
last week and everything went flawless. But to expect it to work
on any possible configuration is optimistic at best. Wink
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live will not boot after upgrade to Camelot0