All scraping issues, look here!
Hope someone can help me with my long scraping times, I have everything up and running nicely, all my movies and tv shows are in the library and even when I don't add anything it takes around 20minutes to do an update.
Don't know if that is as it should due to a lot of tv shows and movies but it feels quite slow.

Here's the log.
http://pastebin.com/m5ebe405e

I cut the log file in half due to size, it came out to 23k lines but it's mostly the same in the middle so I hope it's ok, otherwise I can maybe upload it somewhere...
fostewi Wrote:Hi, trying to add a show "Eastbound & Down" and I can not get xbmc to recognize it...the name is exactly as above in TVDB so I assume issue is with the "&" character.

I tried "Eastbound.and.Down", "Eastbound.Down" and "Eastbound" (how I found it on the TVDB web site) without success...any suggestions? Thanks.

EDIT : figured it out...did not realize you could select to add manually and edit the name used to search...worked perfectly.

how did you add the files manually? - im trying to add lost episode s06e00 to the library but its not picking it up im guessing again due to naming reasons - but it is shown in tvdb so i need to add it manually :S - any help?
jgora Wrote:how did you add the files manually? - im trying to add lost episode s06e00 to the library but its not picking it up im guessing again due to naming reasons - but it is shown in tvdb so i need to add it manually :S - any help?

It's a special so if you look at thetvdb site it has #58 there so rename it to S00E58 and it should be good.
worked a charm, thanks a lot fox
I'm having a problem with 2 files not ending up in the library.

In the first case, the folder heirarchy looks like this:

Movies/
Anime/
The Sacred Blacksmith/
The_Sacred_Blacksmith.1x04.mkv
The_Sacred_Blacksmith.1x05.mkv
The_Sacred_Blacksmith.1x06.mkv
The_Sacred_Blacksmith.1x12.mkv

The problem is that only episodes 4-11 get added to the library, even though I can clearly see episode 12 listed on thetvdb site. I turned debugging on and see this in the scraper xml log http://pastebin.com/m17647c7d, so clearly it's found it, but it's not available in library mode, just episodes 4-11.

The second issue is a Darker than Black OVA, which is listed on thetvdb as Special episode 3, http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...7401&lid=7.

Once again, I see the entry in the scraper xml log, but it never appears in the library view. The file is named Darker_than_BLACK.0x3.mkv, I've also tried S00E03, S0E3, etc.

Any ideas?

Edit: Sorry silly me, I had absolute numbering turned on. I grabbed the whole scraper XML file to look and noticed that 1-11 had <absolute_number> values but 12 did not, as soon as I turned that off both missing files scanned into the library just fine.
fostewi Wrote:Hi, trying to add a show "Eastbound & Down" and I can not get xbmc to recognize it...the name is exactly as above in TVDB so I assume issue is with the "&" character.

I tried "Eastbound.and.Down", "Eastbound.Down" and "Eastbound" (how I found it on the TVDB web site) without success...any suggestions? Thanks.

EDIT : figured it out...did not realize you could select to add manually and edit the name used to search...worked perfectly.

I'm having the same problem with the same series. How do you add manually? Thanks.
I am a huge fan of XBMC and have been using it for over a year now. I also recently bought a dedicated PC to run XBMC and am loving it.

A strange problem has been happeining recently though. In the past I used to scrape the movies using IMDB and it worked perfectly, pulling all the data including the year of the movie.

Now recently, when new movies are added into the library, all the data for that movie is pulled from IMDB perfectly EXCEPT the year of the movie. Because of this, I am unable to search for movies based on the year.

To check if it was a problem with my system or IMDB I removed a movie from my database which had initially scraped properly (including getting the year) and re-added it, but this time round it did not pick up the year.

I have not made any changes to my system as far as I know, so I really cannot figure out what the problem might be.

I have uploaded the debug log file for the above scenario. It can be found at

http://pastebin.com/TYKwjdCy

In the above log I had removed the movie "Inglorious Basterds" from the database, shut down XBMC, restarted it and updated the library. Shut down XBMC and then uploaded the log file. You can easily find the log of the scraping of this movie for searching for "basterds" in the log.

Hope somebody can help me. Even though its a relatively small problem I love searching for movies by the year (for example 2009 for looking for all new movies).

Thank you!
I have the same issue.

ankgt Wrote:I am a huge fan of XBMC and have been using it for over a year now. I also recently bought a dedicated PC to run XBMC and am loving it.

A strange problem has been happeining recently though. In the past I used to scrape the movies using IMDB and it worked perfectly, pulling all the data including the year of the movie.

Now recently, when new movies are added into the library, all the data for that movie is pulled from IMDB perfectly EXCEPT the year of the movie. Because of this, I am unable to search for movies based on the year.

To check if it was a problem with my system or IMDB I removed a movie from my database which had initially scraped properly (including getting the year) and re-added it, but this time round it did not pick up the year.

I have not made any changes to my system as far as I know, so I really cannot figure out what the problem might be.

I have uploaded the debug log file for the above scenario. It can be found at

http://pastebin.com/TYKwjdCy

In the above log I had removed the movie "Inglorious Basterds" from the database, shut down XBMC, restarted it and updated the library. Shut down XBMC and then uploaded the log file. You can easily find the log of the scraping of this movie for searching for "basterds" in the log.

Hope somebody can help me. Even though its a relatively small problem I love searching for movies by the year (for example 2009 for looking for all new movies).

Thank you!
Gordonx42 Wrote:I have the same issue.

This issue was fixed in SVN weeks (month?) ago. Use the search button. This issue was covered multiple times ..
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I was just wondering about one function of the scraper, which is working fine, but I noticed that for themoviedb.org it gets it's "Plot" from the "short overview" instead of from the "Plot" section of that data. Does anyone know of a way around this? I tried changing the 3 lines in tvdb.xml for overview into plot, but that didn't work (returns nothing and wouldn't download even after I put it back, deleted plot on every file I told it to update, did a reinstall Sad after giving up fixing that).
example:
<expression noclean="1">&lt;Overview&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;/Overview&gt;</expression>
I changed to
<expression noclean="1">&lt;Plot&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;/Plot&gt;</expression>
Some of my movies are split across two more video files. Is there someway to get the library to scrape this as one complete movie, and play the files in order? Either automatically or doing it manually?

thanks
I can't speak for library mode, but go to file mode, make the name moviename part 01.avi (or whatever, the important part is the part 01) then moviename part 02 so forth, it shows in file mode as a single movie, without the part xx behind it, you can scrape this and it should show in library likewise, it also plays as one file. Note, you must have the "stack" option checked, this can be found in file mode, the option screen (push up - then it pops out on the left in confluence fanart file mode).
My lord of the rings special edition came on 4 disc (2 x movie +2 specials) for each movie, I put the two discs in a seperate file (so my old xbox could handle it) but on my acer it reads fine as one file so The Lord of the Rings - 1 - The Fellowship of the Ring Part 01.avi and The Lord of the Rings - 1 - The Fellowship of the Ring Part 02.avi show up as The Lord of the Rings - 1 - The Fellowship of the Ring in my library and file mode (on my acer, I dont mess with it on the one xbox im using...64 mb or ram...sigh). (as I understand it using the name movie cd1.avi then movie cd2.avi....will also work, haven't tried this recently though)
Installed (XBMCSetup-Rev28723-dx) today and I'm wondering what I need to do to add Scrapers? If I go to Settings/video/Scrapers: Default movie scraper is showing None, and I can't chose any when pressing the arrows.. Do I need to install it as a plugin?
I can't speak for that revision, but the 9.11 live install puts all the files in
/usr/share/xbmc/system/scrapers/video (or /music as the case may be). I assume it is installed to the xbmc/system/scrapers wherever that is on your particular install. If you didn't get that with your package, you can download the individual files from
https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot.../scrapers/
both a png and an xml.
....there are quite a few though (though you only NEED the ones your going to use)

I took the ones my install uses and put them on megaupload, available
here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ROMXHNFU
as a .7z
or here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZW70RH35
as a .zip
First, let me say that this only happens with thetvdb, all other scrapers work fine.

I started getting double entries for every new TVshow added to the library and you can clearly see in the scanning progress bar that the same episodes are scanned twice.

I checked the sources.xml, thought maybe the same folder appeared twice, no, not that but I had 2 similar entries
<source>
<name>_TVseries</name>
<path pathversion="1">/mnt/Scratch/Volumes/usbMovies/_TVseries/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>_new_tv</name>
<path pathversion="1">/mnt/Scratch/Volumes/usbMovies/_TVseries/_new_tv/</path>
</source>
and since the scan is recursive in TVshows, I figured maybe that's why I got double results so I deleted the second one.
Unfortunately, it seemed to worked for one day and but now the problem is back.

I had a suspicious file called sources.xml.1266299852.xml in the userdata folder, removed it and it did not fix it

I set content to none, for TVshows, and then set it back to TVDB, it rescanned everything... Oh joy Oh bliss... I then spent the next hour deleting the double entries and marking old series as watched.

I noticed some strange stuff in the log, like at 13:44:48, 13:45:09 and 13:45:30 but it may be nothing

Any help would be appreciated

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All scraping issues, look here!1