Coming Soon - MediaStream v1.5
If you've been following recent posts in the MediaStream v1.00 thread then you may have picked up on the fact I'm currently working on the skin and am hoping to refresh it slightly and bring it up to date. (After all v1.00 was released over a year ago!)

I'm going to move any comments in the v1.00 to this thread so that any discussions relating to the changes aren't confused with valid v1.00 questions.

The early focus for the changes I'm making are as follows:
  • Media Flagging (video resolution, codecs, movie studios etc)
  • Show Latest Movies/Episodes on Home screen
  • Tidy up info dialogs (particularly the video ones)
  • Add slider dialog (for setting audio synch delay)
  • Remove old options and make the skin generally easier to use and configure

Feel free to post any suggestions you may have but one of my goals for this upcoming release is to reduce the number of options in the skin so your suggestions will probably need to have a wide appeal for them to be accepted.
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Rainbow 
After I download from the SVN, do I just copy the downloaded files to the skins directory or must I compile it somewhere/somehow?
Run build.bat script in Windows or build.sh in Linux and then copy the MediaStream folder from the BUILD folder into your XBMC/skin folder.

BTW I've just added a few more changes in the last 5 mins so you might be better to update again befoe building
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Nice to see those updates.Nod
Hope, you get into the Container.SetSortMethod issue for the video section and some other like sort by music rating.
You fixed this earlier but Container.SetSortMethod(23) works now for movies by name Eek
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Run build.bat script in Windows or build.sh in Linux and then copy the MediaStream folder from the BUILD folder into your XBMC/skin folder.

BTW I've just added a few more changes in the last 5 mins so you might be better to update again befoe building

Cool, I got it working, I'll give the new one a whirl in a few min..

BTW, I am new to XBMC (came from MeediOS) and I love this theme, it is so good the way you put TV/Movies on the main menu thats all it takes to hook me in..

Do you have somewhere that tells what changes you make so I can test them as I go..
I have seen a post from you that says you are adding features that have been added to XBMC but that have not been incorporated into this theme yet.. what changes are these going to be?
UserInterface Wrote:Cool, I got it working, I'll give the new one a whirl in a few min..

BTW, I am new to XBMC (came from MeediOS) and I love this theme, it is so good the way you put TV/Movies on the main menu thats all it takes to hook me in..

Do you have somewhere that tells what changes you make so I can test them as I go..
I have seen a post from you that says you are adding features that have been added to XBMC but that have not been incorporated into this theme yet.. what changes are these going to be?

When on the main menu, there is that awesome little popup on the right hand side that shows recently added shows/movies is there some way that you can get to that with the remote? maybe by pressing left??
UserInterface Wrote:Do you have somewhere that tells what changes you make so I can test them as I go..
Check the SVN log for now as that should have details of the changes. Once'the release is ready I'll put together a proper change history at that point.

UserInterface Wrote:I have seen a post from you that says you are adding features that have been added to XBMC but that have not been incorporated into this theme yet.. what changes are these going to be?

The main things I'm adding are media flagging support, latest movies/episodes etc, slider dialog (for audio synching) and a basic tidy up of the UI and it's usability. I'm also removing a number of the older options to try and streamline things and make it easier to use the skin.

I'll probably be releasing a version 1.1 in the next week or two and then look for feedback and maybe other suggestions.

UserInterface Wrote:When on the main menu, there is that awesome little popup on the right hand side that shows recently added shows/movies is there some way that you can get to that with the remote? maybe by pressing left??
You should be able to navigate to the list by pressing the right button (this opens the sub-menu) and then pressing right again.
Sounds Awesome!

I do have one request, I hope that you can accommodate..

I can not get to the context menu ("C" on the keyboard) from the remote control to update moves\tv (update library)...

Is there some way you could move that or have an option to merge that menu into the menu that shows when you press right??Big Grin
One more thing (I am fairly sure this is the last), is it possible to have the file name show in the path?

When a movie you have not seen yet gets scraped wrong it would help to identify it without having skip around ruining the soon to be watched movie..

I've started this new thread and have now moved across posts from the v1.00 thread to this one as mentioned in the first post of this thread.

I'll post further updates whenever I can and I hope to be able to do a proper release of the skin in the next week or two.
UserInterface Wrote:Sounds Awesome!

I do have one request, I hope that you can accommodate..

I can not get to the context menu ("C" on the keyboard) from the remote control to update moves\tv (update library)...

Is there some way you could move that or have an option to merge that menu into the menu that shows when you press right??Big Grin
I'm not sure how me adding an alternative method for updating the library will solve your problem? It's XBMC that does all the work in updating the library so if you have a problem updating your library it doesn't matter how the skin launches it you'll still have that problem?

UserInterface Wrote:One more thing (I am fairly sure this is the last), is it possible to have the file name show in the path?

When a movie you have not seen yet gets scraped wrong it would help to identify it without having skip around ruining the soon to be watched movie..

Yep, I'm planning to have a look at the info dialogs and agree it's better to see the full filename instead of just the folder.
Glad to hear you are updating Mediastream.

For those interested to follow the changes, here is the web browse-able link:
http://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge.n...diaStream/
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I'm not sure how me adding an alternative method for updating the library will solve your problem? It's XBMC that does all the work in updating the library so if you have a problem updating your library it doesn't matter how the skin launches it you'll still have that problem?.

Sorry maybe I was not clear... It is just getting to the context menu that I can not do... if I VNC to my HTPC and press "C" on the menu then all is fine, I can get to and run the library update (and it works) however I want to skip the use of the keyboard\VNC so that XBMC relies solely on the remote control.

The only way I can see this happening is if the context menu is accessible through another way.. maybe pushing left when inside moves/TV can bring up the menu like the other menu that comes up when pushing right??

I have included a screen shot of the menu that I have to access by using VNC\Keyboard in-case it is not called the "context menu"

Thanks again..
Excellent work! I absolutely love mediastream and eagerly await the update.

I have one request; would it be possible to have a filter or something to only show HD movies? I am not sure if this is possible through skin, or if this is an XBMC thing.

Could there be something used with the new metadata to only show >= 720p? Could I create a custom home tab with this?

The reason I ask is because I have quite a lot standard def movies, but I have been slowly adding to my HD collection and have more of a desire to watch those than my SD ones, but I don't want to leave them out completely.

Thanks,

RoT
das.rot Wrote:Excellent work! I absolutely love mediastream and eagerly await the update.

I have one request; would it be possible to have a filter or something to only show HD movies? I am not sure if this is possible through skin, or if this is an XBMC thing.

Could there be something used with the new metadata to only show >= 720p? Could I create a custom home tab with this?

The reason I ask is because I have quite a lot standard def movies, but I have been slowly adding to my HD collection and have more of a desire to watch those than my SD ones, but I don't want to leave them out completely.

Thanks,

RoT

I think you can do this by creating a smart playlist?

I'm in the latter statges of getting the new release ready and hope to release it later this week (for more frequent updates check my twitter feed).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Coming Soon - MediaStream v1.50