• 2(current)
[RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC)
Thumbs Up 
Hi everyone,

Version 0.890 released. You can grab it from SVN Repo or the google code space.
Full information about changes, updates and new features can be found here.

Main changes and features:
- Several bug fixes, it's much more stable now.
- pr0n mode, you can exclude files/folders from being tweeted.
- Information links, let you followers find the movie/song easily by providing a bit.ly link in the tweet.
- Support for languages (thanks blittan)
- Full control over your tweets.
- Tweet with a click of a button.

Let me know if you have any comments or feedback.
I did a small glitch in the English language file, forgot to replace "\r\n" with [CR] for proper line breaks in dialogs, fixed that now on xbmc-addons, also a typo in it is taken care of Smile
Smile 
I'll also fix in my private SVN.
Information 
Hi guys,

New SVN Repo Installer available and also google code. You can also read more about xbTweet here.
Thanks a lot to blittan for the help!

Changes:
added: exclude path option
added: unicode support in tweets
updated: everything is translated
updated: swedish translation
fixed: possible path issues on linux
fixed: possible // in __svnurl__
fixed: couldn't change exclude path setting
fixed: script crash if song title had only one char
fixed: script crash if bit.ly api call failed

I'll be more than happy to get more feedback about it.
My apologies for taking so long to respond to this. We still have download limits here in Australia, and when we go over them we get dial-up speeds for the rest of the month. I have a measly 12GB of downloads and uploads, so you can imagine how easy it is for me to go over that. Once we do go over the limit, it makes it very hard to do anything at all on here. This also means I haven't had a chance to test the updated version of your script (which I won't be able to do until tomorrow) so please bear with me if I've missed something that's already been taken care of.

mr. kav Wrote:
djmattyg007 Wrote:There are several problems with this script. For starters, I couldn't get it working at all with the XBMC for Windows.
That's funny since I'm working on Windows, so I would expect it won't be the problematic platform Blush. I understand that you did manage to get it working, can you please share more details?

I simply copied the script that I extracted from the zip file, placed it in the scripts folder, loaded up XBMC and tried to run it. There was no settings option in the context menu and as such I was completely unable to operate the script. I'll try installing it from the SVN Repo Installer next time though and see if that makes a difference.

mr. kav Wrote:
djmattyg007 Wrote:Because I use the default Project Mayhem III skin, I do not have skin integration, and have no way of just pushing a button to tweet about individual songs or videos. The lack of an interface for this script is rather annoying.
I wish to avoid putting an "real" UI, I'm lousy at this and I find myself wasting time on a "pixel here, pixel there" issues which drives me nuts Angry.
So, because you don't have the option to use a dedicated button of the skin, I added a proper support for keyboard/controller shortcut (keymap.xml or the new keyboard.xml). It works very well and you can tweet away with a click of a button. A question back to you, what I did is, when you click on the shortcut it will pop-up a pre-populated keyboard screen that you approve and it tweets away. The field is pre-populated based on your custom tweets and fully editable. Is this what you had in mind?

You could always see if there's someone else on this forum that would be happy to do the interface for you. I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone here willing to give it a shot.

As for your question, it certainly sounds like it, but I won't know for sure until I get my hands on the latest version.

mr. kav Wrote:
djmattyg007 Wrote:When the automatic tweeting options are on, xbTweet pays no attention to how long the file has been playing for. It automatically tweeted everything I played as soon as it started playing.
Is this based on the debug log? If so, then it's just a debug print, there's no actual tweet. If it's based on the percentage of play, this is a bug. Can you provide more information?

Nope, it's just based on looking at my twitter feed after skipping through several songs Tongue All I know is it tweeted everything instantly, even when it was set to 50%.

mr. kav Wrote:
djmattyg007 Wrote:Also, I am not sure how much control you have over this, but when not using OAuth, tweets aren't shown to be coming from "xbTweet", just "API". For me, this is annoying beyond belief and probably means I won't be using it.
ANNOYING is the word! Sorry mate, can't control it. Only OAuth offers an application name in the tweet. Maybe someone knows a different way, but that's what I know.

Right before the developer of xTweet disappeared off the face of the planet, he managed to get Twitter to show tweets as coming from "xTweet". I'm not sure if this was because he got OAuth working without a browser interface, or if he was just using another platform, but he mentioned applying for an exception from Twitter, so I'm not sure if he achieved this or not. Unfortunately, he never got around to releasing v1.5 of his script which finally gave this ability, so we may never know.
But the point is, it might be worth looking into getting an exception for this, because obviously you have no way of implementing OAuth for the Xbox.

And for the record, vBulletin really annoys me.
Thumbs Up 
djmattyg007 Wrote:My apologies for taking so long to respond to this. We still have download limits here in Australia, and when we go over them we get dial-up speeds for the rest of the month. I have a measly 12GB of downloads and uploads, so you can imagine how easy it is for me to go over that. Once we do go over the limit, it makes it very hard to do anything at all on here. This also means I haven't had a chance to test the updated version of your script (which I won't be able to do until tomorrow) so please bear with me if I've missed something that's already been taken care of.
THAT SUCKS! Can't believe it.
I suggest you use Repo SVN Installer, but I'll wait for you to take it for a spin and see how it goes. There have been many updates and fixes since you last posted.

djmattyg007 Wrote:You could always see if there's someone else on this forum that would be happy to do the interface for you. I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone here willing to give it a shot.
I'll give it a try on a separate thread. I think I'll start with something as a basis and ask for the forum's help with the rest.

djmattyg007 Wrote:Nope, it's just based on looking at my twitter feed after skipping through several songs Tongue All I know is it tweeted everything instantly, even when it was set to 50%.
Fixed.

djmattyg007 Wrote:Right before the developer of xTweet disappeared off the face of the planet, he managed to get Twitter to show tweets as coming from "xTweet". I'm not sure if this was because he got OAuth working without a browser interface, or if he was just using another platform, but he mentioned applying for an exception from Twitter, so I'm not sure if he achieved this or not. Unfortunately, he never got around to releasing v1.5 of his script which finally gave this ability, so we may never know.
But the point is, it might be worth looking into getting an exception for this, because obviously you have no way of implementing OAuth for the Xbox.

From Twitter API Wiki:
We originally allowed applications to create a source paramter for non-OAuth use but that has been discontinued. Applications pre-OAuth source parameters will remain active, but new registrations are no longer accepted.
End of the story for that, BUT there might be an option to do it with postback IF you have a webserver running and a very complicated redirects process. I'll give it some more thought, but I doubt getting to it quickly.
Again, if this is the a top priority for the users then it will be ranked higher. I'll add it to the project's issues list.

Let me know how it went and if the new version worked better for you Smile
Guys,

Wanted to share a first screen shot (teaser) for xbTweet's new GUI.
It can be found here.
Tell me what you think about the basic functionality and whatever...
Howdy, brilliant!

Some of my wish list items incase anyone cares:

- Ability to tweet reviews of current media 1-5 (some scale)
- The tweet formatting lending itself to being catagorised, so it can be consumed back into a future GUI with sections like, my/friends reviews, my/friends watching history, friends now watching, etc.

Heres to the XBMC community aspect developments! Exciting times.
Smile 
Hi guys,

Wanted to give you an update about progress. I've been adding user interface to xbTweet and now it supports notifications on mentions and direct messages. Blittan has a few surprises up his sleeve (thanks!) and we'll be sure to put a full changelog to keep track.
I expect to have a new version uploaded during the weekend, but here's a sneak peak:

more info.

--mr. kav
Cant Wait!

mr. kav Wrote:Hi guys,

Wanted to give you an update about progress. I've been adding user interface to xbTweet and now it supports notifications on mentions and direct messages. Blittan has a few surprises up his sleeve (thanks!) and we'll be sure to put a full changelog to keep track.
I expect to have a new version uploaded during the weekend, but here's a sneak peak:

more info.

--mr. kav
Hi, I tried to install this plugin with the SVN Repo Installer, but I must be doing something very wrong...

I installed this, and a few other plugins, but can't find any of them anywhere. Only place is in the Installer, where they are flagged as "OK". Shouldn't they show up somewhere?
it's under Videos/Video Plugins or under Scripts (xbTweet is surely under scripts)
blittan Wrote:it's under Videos/Video Plugins or under Scripts (xbTweet is surely under scripts)
Nothing under scripts, and only the Apple Movie Trailers Lite under Video Plugins

It is installing it to a path called C:\Users\Parx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\scripts should i move them into another folder manually?

-- EDIT --

NVM, I am very lucky with everything, every time I asks about something, it works right after.

Moved everything out of that script folder, restarted xbmc, closed it again, moved the folders back in, and then started it up again. And then it was all there. Smile
wierd, but glad you got it working..
Smile 
Guys,

I read on other threads old questions about how to integrate between twitter and Facebook which is relevant to xbTweet as well.

If you use xbTweet and want to share your tweets with your Facebook friends, instructions are available here.

--mr. kav
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC)3