• 4(current)
[RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC)
Nice. But: this project is in desperate need of some sort of documentation. I got the script working but I have no idea how to bring up the Settings-page.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
Thumbs Up 
Hi piotr,

You can find more infromation on the following page: http://code.google.com/p/xbtweet/.
Regarding your specific question of opening the settings page, please navigate to the scripts sections in xbmc, locate the xbTweet script and either right click on it or press the appropriate controller button (sorry, haven't used xbox for years now). Then choose script settings from the drop-down list Smile

I hope this helps...
--mr. kav
Can't get anything passed version 0.893 to work.
And could never get the OAuth to work.
Anyone got a screenshot of the timeline?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
mr. kav Wrote:Hi piotr,

You can find more infromation on the following page: http://code.google.com/p/xbtweet/.
Regarding your specific question of opening the settings page, please navigate to the scripts sections in xbmc, locate the xbTweet script and either right click on it or press the appropriate controller button (sorry, haven't used xbox for years now). Then choose script settings from the drop-down list Smile

I hope this helps...
Ok, have to find out how to bring up the pop-up (XBMC live with MCE remote)
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
Exclamation 
Alrite, I can't get this script working at all and it has been nothing but a headache. However, this seems extreemly useful and I would like to get it working. Heres the story

I have xbtweet not to automatically tweet what im watching/listening too. I want to be able to press a key during play back (keyboard.xml) but when I press the "y" key, nothing happens. I also tried the direct path to where the script is located (C:\Users\Front End\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\scripts\xbTweet) instead of the internal XBMC address, but nothing.

I have xbtweet setup to automatically run at startup and run in the background. ~4 seconds after lanchind XBMC I get too messages, the first one says waiting to tweet and the second one saying script error. I can see the debug log in XBMC but I dont see a .txt file for it so I cant post the entire thing. The last two lines are

Code:
'::Login::'
'Use Plain Authenication'

Using OAUTH doesnt work whatsoever. No popup in XBMC, nowhere to enter the twitter OAUTH. I can open the website manually via webrowser, login to twitter and get my OAUTH, but I still have no where to enter it

Here is my settings.xml in userdata\script_data\xbtweet:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<settings>
    <setting id="RunBackground" value="true" />
    <setting id="AutoStart" value="true" />
    <setting id="OAuth" value="false" />
    <setting id="Username" value="XXXXXXXX" />
    <setting id="Password" value="XXXXXXXX" />
    <setting id="AutoTweetVideo" value="false" />
    <setting id="MovieTweet" value="Watching %MOVIETITLE% (%MOVIEYEAR%)" />
    <setting id="TVShowTweet" value="Watching %SHOWNAME%, Season: %SEASON%, Episode: %EPISODENAME%" />
    <setting id="VideoThreshold" value="3" />
    <setting id="AutoTweetMusic" value="false" />
    <setting id="MusicTweet" value="Listening to %ARTISTNAME% (%ALBUMTITLE%)" />
    <setting id="MusicThreshold" value="3" />
    <setting id="AddBitly" value="true" />
    <setting id="TagsTweet" value="" />
    <setting id="UseAnotherAccount" value="false" />
    <setting id="Username2" value="" />
    <setting id="Password2" value="" />
    <setting id="NotifyInterval" value="0" />
    <setting id="NotifyTimeline" value="true" />
    <setting id="NotifyMention" value="true" />
    <setting id="NotifyDirect" value="true" />
    <setting id="OnlyLibrary" value="true" />
    <setting id="ExcludeAdult" value="true" />
    <setting id="ExcludePathOption" value="false" />
    <setting id="ExcludePath" value="" />
    <setting id="ExcludePathOption2" value="false" />
    <setting id="ExcludePath2" value="" />
    <setting id="ExcludePathOption3" value="false" />
    <setting id="ExcludePath3" value="" />
    <setting id="showwhatsnew" value="true" />
    <setting id="new_ver" value="true" />
    <setting id="followauthor" value="false" />
    <setting id="debug" value="true" />
</settings>

Note: I obviously replaced my username and pw with fake values (XXXXXXX)

Im using Windows 7 x64 (AMD Athlon X2 4200+ (2.2Ghz), 3GB DDR2 667, nVidia 9500GT w/ HDMI audio passthru) XBMC PRE-10.5 r28177 Compiled 2/27/10, Defaulty Confluence skin

Hopefully that I gave enough information and someone can help me out.

Thank you so much Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
isamu.dragon Wrote:Can't get anything passed version 0.893 to work.
And could never get the OAuth to work.
Did you try the new link on the project's web site (homepage->XBOX and Linux users)? It should generate the PIN code for you on your computer and then you can punch it in on your xbmc.
Are you using linux or xbox, because I'm working on a fix for linux.
If all fail, can you include the logfile?

clock2113 Wrote:Anyone got a screenshot of the timeline?
I hope this is what you're after.
--mr. kav
Lightbulb 
Hi @impass3093,

Let's get you sorted.
The logfile for xbmc can be found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\xbmc.log. Your debug flag is already set to on, so no need to do anything other than running the script again.
Please post your logfile on pastebin and I'll see why it fails. Note that the logfile will contain your password! please make sure you remove it.

I appreciate the patience.
--mr. kav
Looks like my post about the "TimeLine" or as it was called "TwitterFall" got lost in the lighting strike last month.

Anyway. I Shall try and remember what I posted.

What I would like to see is the ability to turn off "TwitterFall/Timeline" when watching Video. IE: TV shows and Movies. But still have it turned on for when I am playing Music. I love the idea of "TwitterFall/Timeline". But just not when I am engrossed in a good TV show. Can this be done?
Lightbulb 
Oddsodz Wrote:Looks like my post about the "TimeLine" or as it was called "TwitterFall" got lost in the lighting strike last month.

Anyway. I Shall try and remember what I posted.

What I would like to see is the ability to turn off "TwitterFall/Timeline" when watching Video. IE: TV shows and Movies. But still have it turned on for when I am playing Music. I love the idea of "TwitterFall/Timeline". But just not when I am engrossed in a good TV show. Can this be done?

Sure. Will be added to the next version, issue added.
--mr. kav
I get the following error, i am using xbmc on Ubuntu Linux
Quote:16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 NOTICE: '----------- xbTweet by Itay Weinberger, version 0.0.999 -----------'
16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.NameError
16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 ERROR: Error Contents: name 'os' is not defined
16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/default.py", line 297, in ?
api, auth = Twitter_Login()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/resources/lib/twitter_wrapper.py", line 100, in Twitter_Login
ShowMessage(40006) #OAuth starts
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/resources/lib/twitter_wrapper.py", line 184, in ShowMessage
import gui_auth
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/resources/lib/gui_auth.py", line 6, in ?
__language__ = xbmc.Language( os.getcwd() ).getLocalizedString
NameError: name 'os' is not defined
16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
Smile 
Thanks for the feedback @Doomstone.
A silly oversight on my side, apologies. Please find a new version available for download on the project's site.
--mr. kav
Hmm just updated to your lates version but still getting the same error
Quote:16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 NOTICE: '----------- xbTweet by Itay Weinberger, version 0.0.999 -----------'
16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.NameError
16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 ERROR: Error Contents: name 'os' is not defined
16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/default.py", line 297, in ?
api, auth = Twitter_Login()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/resources/lib/twitter_wrapper.py", line 100, in Twitter_Login
ShowMessage(40006) #OAuth starts
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/resources/lib/twitter_wrapper.py", line 184, in ShowMessage
import gui_auth
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/resources/lib/gui_auth.py", line 6, in ?
__language__ = xbmc.Language( os.getcwd() ).getLocalizedString
NameError: name 'os' is not defined
16:41:02 T:2929036176 M:1899679744 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

full log http://pastebin.org/157037
Sorry for the mess, but I've checked the zip file and it contains a different version. Can you please make sure you download a new version? The lines reported in the log don't match the actual source.

I'm checking if it's something else I missed...
--mr. kav
Hmm seems to be running now, i must have downloade the old version again, thanks Big Grin
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC)3