gentoo ebuild?
i am new to xbmc and trying to migrate away from mythTV as it's pissed me off too many times.

i compiled xbmc for gentoo successfully using xbmc-9999 ebuild (svn source).

use flags enabled: alsa debug joystick opengl profile pulseaudio vdpau

now all i get is:
Code:
unknown chip id 0x95c5, can't guess.
ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting

i'm assuming that's from vdpau since it can't figure out what graphics chip i have (radeonHD)?
That line seems to come from the opengl lib or the graphics driver, check if opengl works with glxgears.

Also I'd like to know why you enabled profiling.
The gentoo ebuild isn't supported here. Please take problems regarding it up with the maintainers. Odds are you have some dep missing proper useflags.
bobo1on1 Wrote:That line seems to come from the opengl lib or the graphics driver, check if opengl works with glxgears.

Also I'd like to know why you enabled profiling.

i should have mentioned. yeah opengl works fine in glxgears. mplayer also offloads plenty of the decoding to the radeon.

i didn't enable profiling. i the xbmc ebuild does that, in addition to debug.

the only use flags for xbmc i specifically turned on are "aac alsa css opengl sse sse2 vdpau xrandr"
i've removed the others from the ebuild and i'll try again.

@althekiller: thanks for your reply. to be sure, i have replied to the xbmc bug on the gentoo bugzilla. i figured some people here might help me to figure out what's going on since the build seems to work fine.
i turned off vdpau since it only works for nvidia stuff right now anyway and still get the same issues.
The ebuild won't automatically enable profiling. I'm using Gentoo and here are my USE flags for xbmc:

Code:
USE="aac alsa css opengl sse sse2 vdpau (-altivec) -avahi -debug -joystick -midi -profile -pulseaudio -xrandr

I agree with bobo1on1 that your error above is coming from the graphics driver. Which Radeon do you have and which graphics driver is installed? (I'm pretty sure you will have to use the binary ATI driver, but since I don't have an ATI card I might not know what I am talking about.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gentoo ebuild?0