TheTVDB (thetvdb.com website) down again
Do we know why TVDB is down ?
read 2 posts above ...
http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4703
down for me also, been trying to scrape all the weeds that i dl'd lol
It`s up now but the scrapper isn`t working
BaerMan Wrote:F*****g s***t! I just killed my tv database and now am sitting with NO EPISODE INFO AT ALL because there is even no other source I could use. :mad:

And this is exactly why I use Ember and create NFO files, along with storing images and such.
YodaEXE Wrote:And this is exactly why I use Ember and create NFO files, along with storing images and such.

Nice to know, but where do you get the stuff from when the database is down? Painting your own images?Laugh
And my fault (or better: xbmc's fault) was to purge the database before trying to update info. And as it started to "clean up" I had no chance stopping it.Stare Usually would be no problem because I do regularly backups but I also just moved some stuff to another path and adjusted the path manually in the database. I had no backup from that changed db.Confused

There are situations when I really would like to take that htpc and just kick it out the window ....
I think he means that he has the all info stored locally (nfo files and images) so when and if he has to populate egain his database with already scraped movies he doesn`t need an online source.

Recently i`ve started doing this too and it`s very helpfull

Anyway, can you update your series ? I have new files in the share but none gets scraped
Yes, last night it worked again. Sadly all my thumbs and posters were purged. I restored my database and again changed all pathnames to the new ones so I at least had all my episode infos again but images were gone. Sad

Quote:I think he means that he has the all info stored locally (nfo files and images) so when and if he has to populate egain his database with already scraped movies he doesn`t need an online source.
But at some point in creating these files you also need an online connection or you are ending in painting your thumbs manually, right? So there's no difference in getting these infos to your pc, but the only difference is the behaviour when having broken or deleted the database.
BaerMan Wrote:Yes, last night it worked again. Sadly all my thumbs and posters were purged. I restored my database and again changed all pathnames to the new ones so I at least had all my episode infos again but images were gone. Sad

But at some point in creating these files you also need an online connection or you are ending in painting your thumbs manually, right? So there's no difference in getting these infos to your pc, but the only difference is the behaviour when having broken or deleted the database.

Clearly xbmc can't magically create all of this info for you, if the source is down there is nothing xbmc can do about it. Regularly export your library as single files and it will keep all of the images and nfo's with your media files, then it will have everything you need should you ever need to rebuild / move your files.
prae5 Wrote:Clearly xbmc can't magically create all of this info for you, if the source is down there is nothing xbmc can do about it.

Sure, I was just a bit enraged seeing XBMC suddenly purging a complete part of the database just because I made some changes to the content definition of that folder. XBMC did ask me whether it sould somehow rescan the folder but I was thinking of somewhat like updating the content and not deleting and re-adding. Stare

After all I had to refetch all images again by opening the description of each series and redownloading the images.

prae5 Wrote:Regularly export your library as single files and it will keep all of the images and nfo's with your media files, then it will have everything you need should you ever need to rebuild / move your files.

No, I don't like my folders being flooded with images and nfos. There is a working database and a special folder for images. I see no reason in using something else. And XBMC doing some weird things is no reason for that too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB (thetvdb.com website) down again0