TheTVDB (thetvdb.com website) down again
rsempsey Wrote:That isn't going to help...they already know about the situation and inundating them with requests isn't going to speed up the process...

How is it not good to inform people that a service is down, and no fault on their setup? As far as I can see there is only one thread so far about this subject, and that ain't that bad is it?

At the end of the line this is a forum to discuss everything xbmc, and thetvdb plays a big part to get it all working.
calmdown Wrote:How is it not good to inform people that a service is down, and no fault on their setup? As far as I can see there is only one thread so far about this subject, and that ain't that bad is it?

At the end of the line this is a forum to discuss everything xbmc, and thetvdb plays a big part to get it all working.

I misunderstood the original post, I truly apologize, I thought they wanted us to flood the forum with requests not eliminate...I guess I should put on my glasses to read post early in the morning...
Maybe we can get some sort of notification when the scraper fails? Last night I went through the update process as usual and didn't notice until later that it didn't grab a few new series/shows in my library. If there was a message ("Scraper cannot find TheTVDB right now, try again later"), it could cut down on forum traffic.
TheTVDB.com is back up
pashdown Wrote:Thetvdb.com is great when it is working. I wish they'd fix the reliability issues.

Its not CHEAP to have redundant colocations (including optical rings), redundant power management and redundant servers. In my line of work that adds roughly 80% or more of overhead to any annual budget.

Tough to complain when this is all done with donations....
Seems to be importing new episodes but not new series...unless something is wrong on my end. :/
I rescanned my TV database (accidently) tonight and now most of my series are missing the cover artwork. When I try to add a thumb there is nothing on the list which is strange because I could choose from loads a few days ago?

Is there something I may have done or is it a problem with tvdb?
No that is XBMC and the god damn oddness that is the database. Seriously mate save yourself the tears, delete your XBMC fold and start a fresh.

Once done export the library as separate files, this will put all the info in with your files so they never need to be scraped again.
garyi Wrote:No that is XBMC and the god damn oddness that is the database. Seriously mate save yourself the tears, delete your XBMC fold and start a fresh.

Once done export the library as separate files, this will put all the info in with your files so they never need to be scraped again.

Yeh its certainly a bit strange! Do you mean uninstall the bang long and start from scratch?
Sigh. Hopefully that mirroring thing happens soon.
Lol. And here is a pretty good website, in case you are worried you're crazy when thetvdb or somewhere else goes down.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://thetvdb.com
Is anyone else getting a mysql connect error on thetvdb?
Quote:Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (11) in /home/thetvdb/www/include.php on line 14
Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (11)

Yup, scraper seems to be working but I can't get onto the web page.
Seems to just be the index page, this link takes you to a stargate lookup (first dvd I saw on the shelf) from there you can search for what you're after

http://www.thetvdb.com/?string=stargate&...ion=Search
Anyone else seeing it down again? Or are my internets broken?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB (thetvdb.com website) down again0