Rather new: I have two questions
1. During a slideshow, what do I press to immediately go to the next slide? It's not the left or right key. (Or it is, and it loads very slow. Does anyone else's photos load slowly? I mean, they are loading off a remote drive, but my HD Movies play wirelessly no problem, so I'd imagine it can load photos quickly.)

2. Any way at all to seek, or jump ahead, during movie playback?

Thanks. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future though. Here's one! Can I turn my XBMC into a portable one AFTER choosing the other option?
Eh, arrow keys on you keyboard should do both. Toss a debug log on pastebin. Also state details on this page... http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_submi...Bug_Report
You can't "seek" on a movie with the arrow keys. I'm talking about something involving a mouse. I will follow your advice on the debug thing though.
XBMC doesn't allow seeking input with a mouse like media player does. XBMC was designed to be viewed with a remote, and so the only available seeking method is the large skip/medium skip/small skip method.
large skip/medium skip/small skip map to what on the mce remote?
is that like ff2x ff4x ff16x ? or something else?

any plans to add in a go-to feature?
like go-to 00:37:44 where thats thirtyseven minutes 44 seconds in?
uhm, yes. type the numbers 0037 - jumps to 37 mins. woot.
They map to the up, down, left, and right arrows. They do a 30 second and 10 minute (or chapter) jump by default. Seriously, all of this still is in the wiki. Consider reading it.
I don't see any additions in the wiki for the MCE remote/Camelot support. I have a MCE/vista with a red/gree/blue/yellow button that does something, not sure what. Is this going to be added to the wiki or is it called something else there?
On a similar theme - when viewing music/movies is there anyway of jumping straight to artists/films beginning with 'J' for eg?
natethomas Wrote:XBMC doesn't allow seeking input with a mouse like media player does. XBMC was designed to be viewed with a remote, and so the only available seeking method is the large skip/medium skip/small skip method.

Why doesn't it allow it? There's tons of features in XBMC that are used with a mouse OR a keyboard. It's not strictly a remote function. And adding it won't break remote abilities. Why isn't this feature involved?? I can't think of one good reason.
Because noone has bothered coding it up. Are you going to bother?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

belomeclone Wrote:Why doesn't it allow it? There's tons of features in XBMC that are used with a mouse OR a keyboard. It's not strictly a remote function. And adding it won't break remote abilities. Why isn't this feature involved?? I can't think of one good reason.

I agree completely and thank you for offering to write up the code. I'll be keeping my eye on Trac! Smile
idlehands Wrote:I don't see any additions in the wiki for the MCE remote/Camelot support. I have a MCE/vista with a red/gree/blue/yellow button that does something, not sure what. Is this going to be added to the wiki or is it called something else there?

See mceremote.zip on xbmcmce.sourceforge.net. The coloured buttons can be configured to send any keystroke you want. Note that the .reg files in the zip don't configure the coloured keys because not all MCE remotes have them. However I've identified the key numbers in MCERemote-Commented.tif so you can easily add your own key mappings.

JR
nokmond Wrote:On a similar theme - when viewing music/movies is there anyway of jumping straight to artists/films beginning with 'J' for eg?

Shameless BUMP! Big Grin
jhsrennie Wrote:See mceremote.zip on xbmcmce.sourceforge.net. The coloured buttons can be configured to send any keystroke you want. Note that the .reg files in the zip don't configure the coloured keys because not all MCE remotes have them. However I've identified the key numbers in MCERemote-Commented.tif so you can easily add your own key mappings.

JR

Thanks for the link!. They do do something, just haven't sat down and figured out what it is consistantly. So they are mapped to something it would seem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rather new: I have two questions0