• 2(current)
[LIVE] XBMC unresponsive hangs when idle for a while
Yep seems like the next step..

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8688

Bug #8688 just filed
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I guess you have added a username/password as I suggested above?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=revo other users have reported issues when a password hasn't been used, and I don't recall a samba idle issue since I added a username/password since I added one Smile
Hi

Thanks - my standard user on the Win7 PC does have a password and I have put this into XBMC. I have not tried the fstab method though, just the 'browse, fill it in' method. So I might try that. I suspect that this isn't the issue, but I will certianly try that. The biggest problem with this is I can't do a debugging log as, for whatever reason, that stops it crashing!

I can WinSCP across and grab the log once it is crashed, but it's jsut the standard one and always has that samba message at the end. I guess I should check if samba itself is still running maybe? I am not immediately sure how to do that on ubuntu as I am not yet a huge linux user...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring as I am experiencing a very similar issue. Essentially if I leave my XBMC Zotac MAG HD-ND01 (Ion) system on it will freeze after xx minutes or hours. If I leave it on at night I guarantee it'll be hung when I check it in the morning. For weeks, numerous installs, re-installs of XBMC then switching to XBMC-Live, etc have not solved my problem. I originally tried this on my newer type Mac Mini (9400 chipset) and was going to bash it with a hammer but decided to buy the Zotac. Unfortunately no difference on the Zotac and I have run multiple memory, cpu, hdd tests on both the Zotac and Mini and they all passed with no errors. I wasn't able to get an actual debug log, just the standard xbmc.log and a dmesg. If I get a debug log can I append it to the open ticket somehow or is there a way to open a new ticket and link them??

Sounds cruel but it's actually nice to see that it's not just me. Otherwise there would be a Zotac htpc shaped hole through my plasma... just kidding, not really!

Wink
The bug is getting no attention.

I've done everything I can - I've given all the info possible, logs, you name it, I've tried to be as helpful as I can to get this issue looked at - a 100% consistent hanging issue - but nobody is interested.

I am hoping it is an underlying Ubuntu thing and will go away with Lucid Lynx but I'm doubtful as I can't find any Ubuntu reports and it really is only XBMC that seems to hang, eveything else on the machine carries on running just fine while XBMC crashes.

It's incredibly frustrating - we actually want to start producing packaged and installed versions of this sytem for people (i.e. with support), but we obviously can't do that if there's an unfixable crashing bug.
I'm having this exact same bug on the latest XBMC Live disk.

I'm going to try installing Ubuntu (minimal) and the latest SVN to see if that's helps at all.
Same problem here.

XBMC just randomly freezing every few days. Never while playing a video but always beeing in the (video)files menu. Sometimes at the main menu too. Mostly right after waking up from suspend BUT not always. Sometimes after a video ended and I would like to navigate to another one but the GUI freezes at some point.
Weird is that I can reach the files on my HTPC trough FTP. Only the GUI is freezed.
same problem here. The last two things I changed in my config. I added a USB Disk to my Synology NAS and created a new SMB Share on win7. As there were allready two USB Disks behind my NAS I don't think that the one I recently added is causing the trouble. My guess is the Win7 share. Will try it this evening.

btw my system freezes for about 20 Minutes than it comes back to life.
I have Win7 shares too....it must be some problem with that.
Is there anybody who has this bug but doesn't use win7 shares ?
Happens to me too and I am not using windows shares at all. Before the lightening strike, some people were saying that turning off skin sounds fixed the problem for them.
If I leave my revo overnight and try to use it in the morning. the menu sound is dead and then is locks up once I try to exit or watch a movie. Trying the no sound option tonight. Will update tomorrow.
like I said in my case its coming back to life soon or later so if I leave it running over night and its controllable in the morning it doesn't mean that it didn't freez when I was asleep :S

I disabled the navigation sound this morning and did a 30 minutes test without watching movies or listening to musig. So far it didn't freez again. Usually it happens after 10 minutes or even less. Looks good so far but let's see what it does this evening.

regards
Doemer Wrote:like I said in my case its coming back to life soon or later so if I leave it running over night and its controllable in the morning it doesn't mean that it didn't freez when I was asleep :S

I disabled the navigation sound this morning and did a 30 minutes test without watching movies or listening to musig. So far it didn't freez again. Usually it happens after 10 minutes or even less. Looks good so far but let's see what it does this evening.

regards

I hope that helps. I have the same issue (goes unresponsive for like 10-20 minutes, then it executes all the commands I issued with the remote while it was hanging).
Disabling the menu sounds didn't fix the problem for me. It freezed right after waking up from suspend this morning. Sad
Yes I've tried this too with no success.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] XBMC unresponsive hangs when idle for a while0