How to get downloaded artwork for TV Shows which do NOT follow xbmc naming convention
Hi all. Am using xbmc (downloaded last week), with rapier 3 skin.

I've got lots of series in xbmc. Some are in a "xbmc friendly" episode format, e.g. episode.s01.e01.avi etc. But many contain dvd vob rips and recorded tv (without episode information in filename).

For some of these folders, xbmc has magically downloaded the artwork, even though there are no recognizable episodes. So it shows up in TV Shows (without any episodes, which is fine), but more importantly for me, it shows up in Videos with artwork. So about one third has artwork, and two thirds do not have artwork.

So I'm wondering if there is anyway to force xbmc to download the series artwork, even though I don't have any validly named episodes. It is doing it for some folders but not others. It would be nice to see the artwork in the Video's menu for all my series.

Many thanks.
Use an NFO file.
Tried the nfo file, but still failed to download. Turns out that the scraper that I had chosen as default (TV.com) could not find most of my shows.

So I changed this to TheTVDB.com, and it found the rest of my series.

I did this in the Videos section, by right clicking the folder -> Set Content and then changed the scraper. xbmc then rescraped all of my TV shows, and they now all have artwork.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get downloaded artwork for TV Shows which do NOT follow xbmc naming convention0