• 18(current)
[AppleTV] Compiling crystalhd-for-osx Lib/Kext
"sudo dmesg" look for;

Quote:Starting BCM70012 Device
clock is moving to 175 with n 35 with vco_mg 2
CInitializing Dio pool 10 1024 3058 0x374c3e4

see my sig for xbmc.log location Smile
m_lopez_h Wrote:Anyone else experiencing dropped frames / stuttering with SD content with the recent SVN builds? Enabling or disabling the crystal HD drivers makes no difference in SD performance (stuttering is still there).

Reverting back to the 9.11 release solves the stuttering problem but I lose the ability to decode HD...

xbmc.log might give more information ( davilla cracks his xbmc.log whip ). And "recent SVN builds" does not really give any info. SVN trunk is a volatile place, things can change rapidly. You can see the commits at http://trac.xbmc.org/timeline . Give the svn number or pastebin the xbmc.log which will have the svn version number.
I thought I could get away with a generic post. Anyway, information you requested below:

XBMC r26613
Launcher 3.1
CrystalHD card installed but not active for this test

Playing back an ISO (no DVD menus, just main movie located on a NAS connected via GigE switch). Video stutters alot. Reverting back to r9.11 solves all problems. I can't make sense of the debug log but do see some errors

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in /Users/craig/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libdvd/libdvdread/src/ifo_read.c:1598 ***

WARNING: Process - Could not detect frame rate for: smb://.../xxxx.iso. Using default of 25.000 fps for conversion of any commercial break frame markers to times.

http://pastebin.com/m15ac7d55
davilla Wrote:"sudo dmesg" look for;

Didnt find what you wrote earlier. Have an error message:

"error mapping module file com.apple.kpi.libkern"

and a couple related ones. Any thoughts?

davilla Wrote:see my sig for xbmc.log location Smile

Have sent you by email. I cannot find anythingn eye-catching.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
m_lopez_h Wrote:Anyone else experiencing dropped frames / stuttering with SD content with the recent SVN builds? Enabling or disabling the crystal HD drivers makes no difference in SD performance (stuttering is still there).

Reverting back to the 9.11 release solves the stuttering problem but I lose the ability to decode HD...

Exactly the same here.
I decided to wait for a final release with Crystal HD support.
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Davilla,

Do you know, if it's technically possible for Broadcom to release a firmware update (sometime in the future) with L5.1 profile support or will that require a new card?

Thanks Smile
Ayla Wrote:Davilla,

Do you know, if it's technically possible for Broadcom to release a firmware update (sometime in the future) with L5.1 profile support or will that require a new card?

Thanks Smile

It does have [email protected] support already. Not listed in the official specs.
davilla Wrote:It does have [email protected] support already. Not listed in the official specs.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Wow, that's great, that it support L5.1.

I just ordered one off eBay and will try it in a MacBook with OS X/XBMC Smile

Another question:

I've read quite a few posts in the forum, where people are having problems playing back different HD movies (stuttering etc.).

Is that just because of the Broadcom OS X drivers / XBMC Crystal HD support being so early in the development cycle?

Can we expect a lot of those "errors" to be ironed out in the coming time?

Thanks,
Martin
Ayla Wrote:Is that just because of the Broadcom OS X drivers / XBMC Crystal HD support being so early in the development cycle?

Can we expect a lot of those "errors" to be ironed out in the coming time?

yes.

With current SVN r26711 it has become worse.
Even 720p files that played well with previous releases are stuttering every 1 - 2 seconds - say nothing of 1080p files Confused
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
First of all, hello everybody. I'm new here but I'm not a newbie.
I installed a BCM970012 in my Mac Pro 2006, installed the kernel extension, libs and firmware (I'm a software and hardware developer so all of this is no big deal for me). But I have a few question :
Even though the card is installed on the mini PCIe slot in the Mac Pro (where the airport card goes), I don't see it in the system profiler in the PCI cards, nor do I see it in the output of ioreg. The kext loads fine but about 70% of the time when I start XBMC it crashes the box and at the next reboot in the crash report I see that there was a kernel exception in the kext (I'm can provide the log if needed).
This machine is running 10.6.2 so this might be the issue (it's in 32 bit mode and the kernel extension is listed as 32 bits).

So.. is the card dead ? Why is it not showing in the system profiler (or the PCIe conf tool).

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.
R.
rpineau Wrote:First of all, hello everybody. I'm new here but I'm not a newbie.
I installed a BCM970012 in my Mac Pro 2006, installed the kernel extension, libs and firmware (I'm a software and hardware developer so all of this is no big deal for me). But I have a few question :
Even though the card is installed on the mini PCIe slot in the Mac Pro (where the airport card goes), I don't see it in the system profiler in the PCI cards, nor do I see it in the output of ioreg. The kext loads fine but about 70% of the time when I start XBMC it crashes the box and at the next reboot in the crash report I see that there was a kernel exception in the kext (I'm can provide the log if needed).
This machine is running 10.6.2 so this might be the issue (it's in 32 bit mode and the kernel extension is listed as 32 bits).

So.. is the card dead ? Why is it not showing in the system profiler (or the PCIe conf tool).

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.
R.

It never shows in system profiler, PCIe conf tool is not the correct tool to see all pcie devices. You should see it in the output of ioreg once the kext is loaded and finds the card. crashlogs please, including the system one.
davilla Wrote:It never shows in system profiler, PCIe conf tool is not the correct tool to see all pcie devices. You should see it in the output of ioreg once the kext is loaded and finds the card. crashlogs please, including the system one.

Thanks for you quick answer.
I'll recheck with ioreg as the kernel extension load fine (at boot and by hand) and will post the system crash logs latter this evening.

R.
Another newb question here. What are the differences between TheQuestor's nightlies and the ones we can get now from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/?
The xbmc.org builds are official, untouched, automated builds from the buildbot, so obviously these are the ones we recommend.

TheUni
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Compiling crystalhd-for-osx Lib/Kext0