[Live] Certain movies not added by default Scraper simply do not appear in Library
Hey everyone,

I'm using the Live version of XBMC (Camelot) on a frankenstein setup (all old parts I sourced).

System Specs:
AMD 3200+
MSI Nforce4 K8N SLI
Geforce 8400GS
RealTek ALC850 integrated audio chipset
Logitech Z-5500's

Problem:
I guess it's more of an annoyance really, however it still wastes a lot of time when trying to setup a new Library. Basically I have 474 movies and after using the default Scraper I was missing about 20 or so movies (I could tell by comparing the amount of movies in the 'File List' section with that of the 'Movie view' in the Library Section). I found a few more by changing the 'Set Content' settings to us the 'use foldernames' option it then found a few more. Anyways to find the remaining movies I needed to use my laptop and browse the movie share as I went through the Movie Library and found the missing movies. Took about an hour I think however now I am still missing 1 movie :-p

TIPS:
Oh btw, I figured out that http://www.themoviedb.org Scraper is VERY picky when it comes to names whereas the IMDB one seemed to find them ok regardless (however I prefer the covers from the moviedb Scraper hence I chose to stick with it) especially with the incorrect use of apostrophes etc. I also figured out that in the File List section you can use the 'Set Content' function on a single movie directory, choosing a differnt Scraper (I used IMDB) if the movie could not be found using the moviedb one.

Suggestion on how to solve:
I've been using XBMC for about 5 years now (just moved over from my old trusty XBOX) and when the Scraper (IMDB at the time) could not find a movie's details it would still add the movie to your library, just with no details/cover (and obv using the filename). Is this a scraper problem or just something that was changed in some of the newer builds?
Anyhow I suggest that the Scraper simply add all movies, even if it cannot find a match in it's online DB (simply adding a default image with the filename as it was before on the Xbox).

Question:
I really do not want to mess up my Library after spending quite some time on sorting it out, if I do try and change the 'Set Content' settings on my root Movie share to use the IMDB Scraper will this then effectively re-download info for all the movies again or will it just find the missing movie?
Too chicken to try it out (although I suppose I could backup the library and try it out) as I recall it prompting to re-download info for all movies.
Ok, I have answered my own question by installing XBMC for Windows on my main PC (the one the HTPC is getting all the media from) and then simply copying the userdata folder which worked perfectly however changing the Scraper does indeed do what I thought it would, which is purge the library of all movies and start from scratch with the new Scraper.

So, does anyone know if it is at all possible to get the moviedb Scraper to add movies to your library even if it doesn't find a match online (which would solve the missing movies problem I and I am sure others would be having)?
add an nfo file with the url, or rename the folder to the name that matches what tmdb is expecting
prae5 Wrote:add an nfo file with the url, or rename the folder to the name that matches what tmdb is expecting

Yeah I know that nfo's affect the results (I have had 2 nfo's that had the wrong IMDB links in them, so they kept coming up as different movies) however most of my movies actually have them. I have actually noticed that even after creating my own nfo (renamed the same as the movie file/folder) with the IMDB link in it does not always work, this is when I discovered the 'Set Content' per movie workaround I mentioned above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Certain movies not added by default Scraper simply do not appear in Library0