Slow visualization performance
I am experiencing issues with slow visualization playback, it appears when I have crossfading of tracks enabled, during the crossfade the visualization is at the correct speed. ANy obvious idea what I am doing wrong here?
Not following proper problem reporting procedure, which you should know by 11mo and 105 posts in.
oh, a lot more months than that my friend! here is a debug log for your perusal.

pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/m125ba097

Edit:
GLX issues?
Not enough information? Anything else I can provide?

Linux xbmc-desktop 2.6.31-16-generic #53-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 8 04:01:29 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

No specific bitrates I am seeing this at - see it on every MP3 I play.
bump, anyone any ideas?
Seems my useful information has not help with finding a solution - does anyone have any suggestions to another channel I could use to help find the solution to the problem?
So nobody has anything for me on this?
I think I have it. If I start pulseaudio volume control in the background it runs at the right speed. I think pavucontrol increases the trigger rate or something like this.

greets
its the same for me here when i compile from sources myself. Using the spotify-integrated prebuilt xbmc, for example is, no problem.
But my own build need pavucontrol (or crossfade enabled) to send AudioData to my visualizations at a rate of 46 times a seconds. Otherwise I get AudioData only 6 times a second, making the vis very slow if it directly uses the audio data.
both trunk (before this merging jobs) and the camelot tag/branch.
This is excellent information from two relatively new forum posters. Thanks for all the information guys.

I tried removing and reinstalling xbmc to fix this issue, but I had no joy. I have currently resorted to adding pavucontrol to the startup list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow visualization performance1