LIRC: Remote as Mouse?
Has anyone successfully configured their remote to control the cursor when not running XBMC? I've been fiddling around with LIRC and such, but I haven't been able to get Xserver to recognize the remote as a desktop input device. Any help would be appreciated.
After a couple days research I got it working on Karmic, you have to set up a HAL mouse and not put a remote mouse in xorg.conf, then run scripts to start everything in the correct order. I have the files for a MS mouse in a zip that I was going to post but I don't think the forum allows attachments post or PM an e-mail and I'll send them.

Mike
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
E-mail sent
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Cool. I'll host them here on my webspace if you don't mind. Thay way anyone else can try them out.

Edit: I actually got it working! Big Grin Thanks for the help.
Stieffers Wrote:Cool. I'll host them here on my webspace if you don't mind. Thay way anyone else can try them out.

Link?? I would like to try this out.
Files: http://www.mediafire.com/?gjkifwuczlw

"Email Wrote:Here's the file, replace dots in folder names with slashes to know where to put files, you will have to make the 30user directory, run the commands in the command.txt file and edit to allow the scripts to run.
Look in the lircmd.conf file to adjust buttons to suit you, right now mouse is activated with the clear button and the mouse moves with the 1-9 buttons. Good luck.

Also, there was a file missing, which is the lirc_mouse.sh file. See below.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

test -f /etc/lirc/lircmd.conf || exit 0

STA=`lshal |awk '/'"lirc_mouse"'/ { ++x } END { print x }'`

if [ -z "$STA" ]; then
        sudo /usr/bin/hal-device -a /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/lirc_mouse </dev/null> /dev/null
    fi

exit 0
Sorry I missed that file, I had to add a command to make lircmd run in the script, put script in use/local/bin and name it lirc-mouse.sh:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

sudo /usr/sbin/lircmd

test -f /etc/lirc/lircmd.conf || exit 0

STA=`lshal |awk '/'"lirc_mouse"'/ { ++x } END { print x }'`

if [ -z "$STA" ]; then
        sudo /usr/bin/hal-device -a /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/lirc_mouse </dev/null> /dev/null

fi

exit 0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIRC: Remote as Mouse?0