VDPAU deinterlacing
Hi,

is VDPAU deinterlacing working for anyone in 9.11? I briefly checked source and it seems a bit flawed to me:

xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VDPAU.cpp
  • interlaced variable is always false (so it never considers source interlaced)
  • tmpDeint variable is used before it's initialized in CheckFeatures() method (changing deinterlacing options in GUI has no effect)

xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/LinuxRendererGL.cpp
  • m_renderMethod should be most likely compared to RENDER_VDPAU not RENDER_METHOD_VDPAU in CLinuxRendererGL::Supports(EINTERLACEMETHOD method) and CLinuxRendererGL::Supports(ESCALINGMETHOD method) otherwise wrong (non-VDPAU) options are presented in GUI for scaling and deinterlacing.

But maybe I'm missing something ... Wink

Thanks

haed
It's not currently enabled, it'll be revisited at some point in the near future.
Thanx for the heads up. Spotted more such wrong comparison when checking.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

motd2k,

i'm assuming thats also the correct response to this unanswered post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=472...stcount=32

these features are the real value-add for the GT2XX series and were heavily promoted (top of of nvnews and this forum) when they were first announced. whats the level of effort (and knowledge) needed to get them back?
We had upscaling working pretty well just prior to Camelot hitting feature freeze, but the deinterlacing was more fundamental. I've little doubt they'll both be in 10.0x.
Hello,

Is this feature enabled in xbmc 11?
What feature do you mean? De-interlacing works.
But deintrleacing is done by gpu or cpu? Is vdpau able to deintrleace video without cpu? I know there are some deintrleace algorithms provided directly by gpu. Are they used by xbmc or deintrelacing is done by software and cpu?

I'm not sure about nvidia and vdpau but amd/radeon on Windows can deintrleace video using gpu only, wihout any cpu load.
Vdpau supports a couple of de-interlacing methods, from basic (bob) to adavanced (temporal and temporal/spacial). All those are done by the gpu and are already implemented in XBMC. I have been working on improvements for vdpau which increase performance, e.g. running de-interlacer on separate thread. With those improvements a ION2 can do temporal/spacial on 1080i@50 without losing a frame. Those improvements are currently under review.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU deinterlacing0