XBMC Live and Antec Micro Fusion 350
microchip1974 Wrote:Another question Nebula. I have also a MCE remote from my sony Vaio VCG-LA2 (i think it is a standard MCE Remote ) i f i would like to use it instead of the Veris Remote for using more buttons, do you have a guide for me or maybe some step to try ?
Great job anyway.

I don't have a guide but I can give you a step by step. Firstly if it is standard MCE yes it should work. Secondly its better to have a keymap (lircd.conf) already, do you have the model of the remote; if its simply just Viao then i may have the keymap:
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/sony/VaioRemote

Otherwise you can search through here for your remote:
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/

Other than that you will need to change the lirc.conf and the hardware.conf. In the lirc.conf change the ir_protocol: from 0 to 1.

From here run the irrecord command and do a few (not all) of the buttons. Then copy what you think is the correct keymap (lircd.conf) and test with irw until you get output. Then from here you will have to create another remote in Lircmap.xml with the name of the remote eg. for the viao remote above it would be:
Code:
<remote device="Sony_VaioRemote">
    <power>BUTTON IN KEYMAP</power>
    <play>BUTTON IN KEYMAP</play>
         etc...
<remote>

Let me know if you get stuck.
microchip1974 Wrote:the remote code maybe can help. is RM-MCE20E
i've found this but i don't know if can help.

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/mceusb/

Indeed use this .conf as it is your one and do the steps as I explain just above. Good luck and get back to me on the result or if you have a problem.
Thanks you for your guide.

i add also some hint from another thread and it works.
i would like to sugges to Nebula Odyssey to buy an IR6 MCE remote instead of the little Veris. i've found a big raise of the IR range and obviuosly the amount of buttons helps a lot using XBMC
Hi, i can't use any key on Mce remote for open the context menu. in my Lircmap.xml i added this strings between the others but no reaction when i push MCE button.

<ContextMenu>WindowsMCE</ContextMenu>

when i press MCE button irw tells

800f040d000002ae 00 WindowsMCE MCE_via_iMON
800f040d000002ae 01 WindowsMCE MCE_via_iMON

what's wrong ?
Than you.
@microchip1974
So when you press the green button it has two keypresses, or does it give a keypress for pushing the button then releasing the button. Using it on the context menu could be opening and closing it in one physical keypress because lirc is Reading two.
Try mapping the green button to something that you can test this theory with. For example try mapping the green button to go right/down then check it in the menu. If this is the case then comment one of the entries out of your lircd.conf and try mapping again to context.

Let me know how it goes
Thank you nebula i was wrong entering context instead of menu..
microchip1974 Wrote:i would like to sugges to Nebula Odyssey to buy an IR6 MCE remote instead of the little Veris. i've found a big raise of the IR range and obviuosly the amount of buttons helps a lot using XBMC

Now I'm using a Logitech Harmony 525, I'm loving it but still getting the Logitech team to help with direction button repeats.
Antec Fusion Micro 350 Remote | AMD AM3 X2 240e (45W) Sythe Shuriken Rev.B | Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H | Onboard ATI HD4200 | 2 x 1GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 | Antec 350W 80+certified PSU | 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | KWorld USB DVB-T395 | HDD Dual boot XBMC Live Dharma 10.0 + Win7
Hi,

i'm having a bit of a problem.

when i get to this part: Hit "Ctrl + x", then "y" then "enter"

i get "ERROR WRITING etc/(blah)... PERMISSION DENIED"Huh

i have logged in as the user i created upon setup of xbmc using putty.

any help would be appreciated.

great guide Neb, i've had this case for a while now and it bugged me that this
was not being used.Big Grin
fremens Wrote:when i get to this part: Hit "Ctrl + x", then "y" then "enter"

i get "ERROR WRITING etc/(blah)... PERMISSION DENIED"Huh

When you nano try this instead;
Code:
sudo nano /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

sudo is your friend

Or you can create a root user and login with root, if you do this then its probably best to disable it again. For sudo information see here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo
Antec Fusion Micro 350 Remote | AMD AM3 X2 240e (45W) Sythe Shuriken Rev.B | Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H | Onboard ATI HD4200 | 2 x 1GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 | Antec 350W 80+certified PSU | 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | KWorld USB DVB-T395 | HDD Dual boot XBMC Live Dharma 10.0 + Win7
Got it Neb, thank you for the help.

Its up and running nicely.Big Grin
Hello

I originally used this with Dharma, has anyone had any luck getting this case working with Eden
I have the imon LCD (but use the PS3 remote instead of the Antec remote) and the steps given in the tutorial on the first page work well for getting the LCD working without issue. The only thing I think I did differently on mine is in the /etc/LCDd.conf file I set it to OnExit=2, which is able to turn off the LCD when shutting down (unless I just hold the power button on the case to shut it down instead of shutting it down properly)..
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote
(2012-04-02, 23:01)Alpinestar777 Wrote: Hello

I originally used this with Dharma, has anyone had any luck getting this case working with Eden

Hi,

I'll be back from my Hols in a few days, but then maybe I'm in Birmingham away from home. I'll be installing Eden very soon, I've held off while I await a few tries of getting imon LCD running well. When I've got my LCD and harmony remote working I'll come back here and report on the how-to and let you know if there are any changes to get the LCD and remote working.

FYI, I now use a harmony remote programmed as a Windows Media Center remote, better range, better control and works flawlessly!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live and Antec Micro Fusion 3500