• 1(current)
Will the Boxee Box Remote work with XBMC (on any hardware other than the Boxee Box?)?
Question 
the new boxee remote bundled with the boxee box is gorgeous.

anyway that can be ported to xbmc?
any one who knows where that remote can be purchased? Smile

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/05/hands...boxee-box/
Don't worry if it's work with boxee(actually if it's work with linux), absolutely work with XBMC too. Btw nice remote.
how about xbmc for windows 7x64? Smile
I like the remote...except I don't really subscribe to the less-buttons-is-more philosophy that Apple seems to have created. I'd like a 'Back', or 'Exit' button added to that, and I think I could use it without pulling my hair out.

Out of curiosity, those with a 6 button remote, how do you navigate your media easily? If you want to go up a directory, do you go all the way back to the top of your media list and click the .. ? That seems a bit impractical if you've got thousands of TV shows, hundreds of movies, and tens of thousands of MP3's.

Still, I love the idea of the remote, but I just want a couple more buttons. Smile
Just map the menu button in the normal file listings to be a back button and go back to the main menu when you are on the top node. You could also map the "holding" of a button with an event client (they exist for osx and linux) to be a certain action, like mapping "hold left for 1.5 seconds" to be the normal menu function that gets you directly back to the main menu if you need that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Question 
Obviously it's not out yet, but we have pictures of what it will look like

Does it have enough buttons on the front to make it useable for xbmc?
Given that Boxee's core is XBMC, and with the exception of some programmable keys that you would get with some MCE/HTPC remotes, this should be more than sufficient to use.
LTParis Wrote:Given that Boxee's core is XBMC, and with the exception of some programmable keys that you would get with some MCE/HTPC remotes, this should be more than sufficient to use.

yeah, just worried there aren't enough keys on the front... i'm sorta new to xbmc but i've used boxee for a while now.
What is stopping you from inadvertently activating the alpha keys with the palm of your hand. If I'm pushing the 4 way nav button, wouldn't the alpha keys get pushed against the palm of my hand. I'm thinking of similar to "butt dialing" with your cell phone.
Gyro.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Eh, xbmc needs 7 buttons to work correctly, up, down, left, right, ok, back, and one for the context menu.

The boxee remote has 8 buttons on the first side (16 if we assume there is a difference between long/short holds) so it would work fine, but I personally wouldn't use it that way. Just flip it over and use the keys if you need too...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Question 
Hi all,
I am contemplating purchase of an Acer Revo to use as a dedicated XBMC machine. Planning to dual boot XBMC live and Win7. My question is will I benefit using a boxee box remote (which I believe, will be sold separately once the box is out) compared to the traditional remotes people use? If not, what would be a decent RF remote that I can purchase now? I would ideally like to use RF since I am planning to mount my Revo on the back of my TV.

Do you think I will be able to use the boxee box remote out of the box for XBMC live without much hassle?
Thank you for your feedbacks.
I don't know if the boxee remote will work but I can recommend getting a universal remote mx-810. I have it running on ubuntu with an acer revo 3610 and it doe my lights, ave, bluray, projector etc. All from that one remote. You can also set up activities to do one button to turn everything on and off. Great for the wifey or kids.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
OMG.. Thats prohibitively expensive for me. I am looking for a cheaper yet useful remote solution for Acer Revo XBMC live. Preferably a RF remote. I wouldnt want to spent more than $25 for it.
There's plenty of MCE remotes that essentially work out of the box in your price range. I see no benefit to getting the Boxee specific remote - although I have no reason to believe it won't work, it may just not work right out of the box.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will the Boxee Box Remote work with XBMC (on any hardware other than the Boxee Box?)?0