Why doesn't XBMC GUI allow editing the descriptions?
Question 
All I mean is this - so in library mode it will grab your movies, grab all the data, and toss it together into an easy to view menu which is, quite frankly, wonderful.

You can choose between the box art or fan art, you can even add in your own box or fan art if you dislike the choices (any tips on where to find more, or how to upload fan art?)

You can rename the movie. You can even search for the movie if it pulled the wrong one. But, for no reason, you can not edit the movie's description. I have more than one movie with a one-line description, and I have a foreign movie that, after .nfoing a link to IMDB to get it to work, the description is now an explanation of what a gaffer is.

Why can't I edit it? And if I can and it is complicated, why isn't it right below editing the name? Or in some other menu (I can think of 20 places to put the option?) so I can just copy + paste my description in or type it if I choose. I mean... why isn't it there?
Because most people don't have a keyboard hooked up to their systems.

If you want a custom description, use an .nfo file or (even better) improve the description on themoviedb.org

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

How does one use a .nfo for the description? Does it save? And how do you account for this when it is an error and not themoviedb.org's fault at all?

And, most users not having a keyboard hooked up is the worst excuse I ever heard. 1. If they have a dedicated HTPC, they could very well have a wireless keyboard. 2. If the issues needs to be fixed, they can plug in a keyboard. 3. If they have a portable version of XBMC they can move it to a PC and edit it.

I mean, how many times can you browse for content. How do you do that without a keyboard and a mouse? It's a random, bizarre, undeeded answer and double standard.
Read the manual for details on .nfo files.

No idea what you're on about with "it's an error and not themoviedb.org's fault at all" - if you get bad info due to an error, then refresh the movie/show/episode.

The rest of your rant, I gave you the reason that the functionality doesn't exist. If you don't like it, code up something yourself.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I just happen to have one up on my screen

Code:
<episodedetails>
        <title>Punk'd</title>
        <episodeguide>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/6DF511BB2A64E0E9/series/72268/all/en.zip<episodeguide>
        <rating>1</rating>
        <plot>Actress Zoe Saldana; tennis player Serena Williams; actor Zach Braff.</plot>
        <genre>Comedy</genre>
        <aired>2005-03-20</aired>
        <recordstart>2010-01-02 23:00:00</recordstart>
</episodedetails>
There's also season and episode in this one.

There are also movie and show formats supported.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
jmarshall Wrote:Read the manual for details on .nfo files.

No idea what you're on about with "it's an error and not themoviedb.org's fault at all" - if you get bad info due to an error, then refresh the movie/show/episode.

The rest of your rant, I gave you the reason that the functionality doesn't exist. If you don't like it, code up something yourself.

Cheers,
Jonathan

1. The nfo directs it to IMDB 2. No filters recognize the movie's title for reasons I don't understand but they do recognize other movies in the series.

2. Do you keep or delete the .nfo file when you are finished?

3. Your reasons for the functionality not existing are hypocritical because other functionality exists that need keyboard/mouse support. There is no reason for it to not exist. I mean, it exists in .nfo format apparently, I just don't understand why it doesn't exist in XBMC.
belomeclone Wrote:1. The nfo directs it to IMDB 2. No filters recognize the movie's title for reasons I don't understand but they do recognize other movies in the series.

2. Do you keep or delete the .nfo file when you are finished?

3. Your reasons for the functionality not existing are hypocritical because other functionality exists that need keyboard/mouse support. There is no reason for it to not exist. I mean, it exists in .nfo format apparently, I just don't understand why it doesn't exist in XBMC.

To #2, I just keep it in the directory with the movie. Use a program like Ember Media Manager to manage the NFO files and update them as needed.

To #3, if you want more help from the devs you might take a slightly softer tone. Wink
belomeclone Wrote:3. Your reasons for the functionality not existing are hypocritical because other functionality exists that need keyboard/mouse support. There is no reason for it to not exist. I mean, it exists in .nfo format apparently, I just don't understand why it doesn't exist in XBMC.

I only use a remote control, never had any use for keyb/mouse in XBMC ?
Furthermore, it was originally created for xbox1, how many people have keyboard and mouse attached to those ?

Ember Media Manager might be your best friend in resolving these things Smile
ynwa

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why doesn't XBMC GUI allow editing the descriptions?0