[MOD] Weather with Weather.com Plus Plugin
deejc Wrote:Hi all,
I am using the latest pvrtesting2 svn branch (27303 on ubuntu 9.10) for live tv and i added this weather.com mod this morning and its removed the Live TV entry on the main menu leaving a large gap and made the tv menu transparent, how might i get them back to normal ? .. to be honest i quite like the transparent menu but i miss the Live TV one Laugh
You need to merge the 2 language files for it not just overwrite the newer pvr one

as for the side I got no idea what nuka did with all the color changing
Jezz_X Wrote:You need to merge the 2 language files for it not just overwrite the newer pvr one

Thanks, i did this and got my Live TV back

Still on the weather mod, i cant access alerts or videos when i enter the weather menu item, they are greyed out, any ideas ?
there is NO home.xml so why would you think nuka did anything to the home window.

as far as the gfx dissappearing, sounds like the bug that was fixed by jmarshall.

as for videos and alerts, they are greyed out because there are no alerts or videos found. change on the website, which i'm working on.

edit: also note i did not change any colors, i added them. i did not change fonts, i added one. i did not change strings i added them. if you apply t6his mod and do not install or select the weather plugin, you'll have the same skin, minus any changes that have been made to the skin since this mod.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195 Wrote:there is NO home.xml so why would you think nuka did anything to the home window.

Huh ? I never said you touched home.xml the solution for that was to merge the 2 language files.

As for the mentioning your name you made it so the side bits changed to red if their was a red weather alert. Not having checked or even installed it I made the assumption that it might be what was making the menu blade not appear in "Live-TV"

But thinking back on it you probably made changes to includes.xml that he also overwrote and the version in the PVR branch (and trunk) also has a newer version of that so he probably wiped out all the changes in there too causing it to go missing

What he really needs to do is make a diff file and apply the diff not just overwrite newer skin files than what the mod was made for
to be honest .. i like it.
I want to keep it like that, it works really well
i wish i could make all the popout / slide menus like that
ok, jezz, i thought the picture was the home screen.

deejc, you will have nothing but problems if the fix jmarshall made is not merged into the pvr branch. and that looks like the issues i had before the change.

OT: jezz settingsprofile.xml has the wrong window id.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
ok thanks, what was the change and can i get it and implement it myself ?
I followed your install instructions, copied/replaced the files from the first post - and it looks great.
Two small issues...
1) 36 hour doesn't show any data or pictures
2) Alerts and video are greyed out and unselectable
3) I'm using 27482 nightly

Is there something I need to turn on for these?
Also, if I install a new nightly, will it overwrite the files I copied over so I need to redo that every time I update nightlies?
andrews Wrote:I followed your install instructions, copied/replaced the files from the first post - and it looks great.
Two small issues...
1) 36 hour doesn't show any data or pictures
2) Alerts and video are greyed out and unselectable
3) I'm using 27482 nightly

Is there something I need to turn on for these?

nope, but reading this thread wouldn't hurt. ;-)

the answer is a few posts above:
Nuka1195 Wrote:as for videos and alerts, they are greyed out because there are no alerts or videos found. change on the website, which i'm working on.

same goes for 36 hour forecasts.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ronie:
Sweet! It worked like a champ first time then. I'm updating to SVN 27500 right now (keeping abreast of the new DXVA2 code for my ION). Just had to copy back a few of the files and it's working again.

Very impressive work!
First off, I love the weather.com plugin!!! AWESOME WORK!
Secondly, I love the Confluence skin as well! Smile

However, I have a small issue when I install the mod files to Confluence.

When the modded skin files for the weather.com plugin are installed, I lose opacity setting (or the image itself - not sure really) on the fly out menus...

eg: If I am in any menu (Pictures, Videos, Movies, etc) and hit left or right to open the fly out submenu (which shows sorting options, etc), the background is completely transparent. It lost the opacity or the background file that is supposed to be there.

Its a small issue. I haven't lost functionality, but it looks fugly and sometimes it is a little hard to see since it is just overlaying the text from the submenu over the list below it.

I have reinstalled Confluence a few times and left out the weather.com mod and its fine. Once I copy over the modded files it loses the opacity or background.
I can post anything you need to help me troubleshoot this.

Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated.
a little thing that has always bugged me. In the weekend view, the main temps are in Celsius and in the description they are Fahrenheit.
What would it take to get this mod working with the merge version of the skin?
when will this work for xbmc 9.11? Or will it ever?
idlehands Wrote:when will this work for xbmc 9.11? Or will it ever?

Camelot? no. But it worked quite nicely (aside from the previously mentioned transparent slideout menu) on the pre-merge version of XMBC. Looking forward to coders smarter than I retooling it for Dharma (10.6).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Weather with Weather.com Plus Plugin1