workgroup not found
I have had the same setup for years with xbmc and my network. Now I receive this error when I try to access the network. I can still connect with direct shares but I am unable to browse the network. I really don't know how long I have had this problem or why because I mostly use a direct connection with the shares themselves. I have rerun the network wizard and even turned the guest account on because I have read about that being a work around. I have the firewall turned off so that is not the issue either. This is not isolated to 1 particular xbox because I have 4 hooked up on my network and all have the same issue now.

3 Computers are on my network

1 runs xp pro sp3 (had this one set up for years)
1 runs ubuntu9.10 (had this hooked up for a couple weeks replacing an older pc)
1 is an xbox with a custom dsl build with a 2.6.18 kernel (been running this for months)

I run off of a belkin router (replaced netgear router around christmas when wan port died)
I have 1 16 port 3com hub hooked up (been running for years)
1 5 port netgear switch (been running over 6 months)
and 1 netgear router I use as a switch (was main router until wan port died at christmas and started using as switch)
all are hardwired no wireless connection
I am running various versions of xbmc from nov til up to date 1 build I compiled myself within the last week and a half or so the rest are tech3 builds (all run 24/7 2 as upnp servers)

All pc's can see each other including upnp coming from the xboxes.
I can manually connect to shares if I specify where to look

My new belkin router does not list the xboxes on the dhcp connection list but it is giving them ip addresses and the internet feed works and scrolls across the bottom of the xbmc main menu page.

However whenever I try to browse the network with the default smb setting of xbmc it list workgroup not found. My xport emulators refuse to connect as well unless I use relax file sharing.

What in the world is the problem?

This has never happened to me before I have had network problems occasionally over the years but before it would only ask for a user name and password.

Another problem I have had for weeks is when I scan new content into my libraries it always freezes my xboxes. I have 2 I run as upnp servers one is for tv the other for movies both are quite large in size. One has about 1300 gigs filled the other is about 1400 gigs filled. I have tried several builds but they all freeze within 10 minutes of scanning or so. I make my own nfo files so the internet connection should not be an issue.

Anybody got any ideas?
Shut the ubuntu pc down and the network is showing up again. Was there some kind of change in ubuntu that is knocking the network browsing out?

I am going to check if the scanning still freezes the library scan but I doubt that is a related issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
workgroup not found0