Is there a way to get artwork backgrounds showing when browsing through VIDEOS list.
When browsing Movies or TV Shows in Rapier, the list view shows the DVD cover, with a full screen background of the movie or series. It looks awesome.

However when browsing through the Videos section, only the DVD cover is displayed, with a plain blue background. I was wondering if it is possible to also show the full screen background artwork whilst browsing videos?

I had a look through the skin xml, but could not see where this would be changed (if it can be).

Any help would be appreciated.
benjwarner Wrote:When browsing Movies or TV Shows in Rapier, the list view shows the DVD cover, with a full screen background of the movie or series. It looks awesome.

However when browsing through the Videos section, only the DVD cover is displayed, with a plain blue background. I was wondering if it is possible to also show the full screen background artwork whilst browsing videos?

I had a look through the skin xml, but could not see where this would be changed (if it can be).

Any help would be appreciated.

No.

The movies scrapes the backgrounds from IMDB of wherever, Video's only reads from the source.
yes, xbmc does support fanart in filemode for videos.
you need to store a fanart.jpg in every movie / tv show folder.

i'll leave the modding of the skin up to you, but at least you'll have to make these changes:
add <include>BackgroundFanart</include> to MyVideo.xml
and remove the 'Window.IsActive(VideoLibrary)' visible condition in includes_Backgrounds.xml
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to get artwork backgrounds showing when browsing through VIDEOS list.0