asrock 300, sound on both hdmi and spdif ?
Hi.

I know there are a lot of threads and how-to's about various issues with sound.
Yet none of the threads offer a solution as to how to get audio from hdmi and spdif simultaniously..

Has anyone got this working ?
I would like sound on spdif (to my amplifier, which has no hdmi input) and hdmi sound for the tv.
Tried a gazziolion versions of different .asoundrc, yet none are giving output to both at the same time. I can switch between them fine, but that's not really a solution for my wife Smile

Hardware is asrock 330 ion running xbmc live 9.11, which i guess i based on ubuntu karmic.

I don't care about multichannel audio as I only run in stereo anyways.

Any help would be appreciated.
ynwa
Would running hdmi to the Tv and then SPDIF to the amp be a solution.

Regards,

Dave
That's his question I suppose... How to send sound to both HDMI and SPDIF
rodercot Wrote:Would running hdmi to the Tv and then SPDIF to the amp be a solution.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave.

Not really an option, would degrade quality immensely, spdif is not passtrhough on my tv, and that means it would pass a crappy ADC/DAC before getting to the amp..
But a good suggestion none the less.
ynwa
gekados Wrote:Hi Dave.

Not really an option, would degrade quality immensely, spdif is not passtrhough on my tv, and that means it would pass a crappy ADC/DAC before getting to the amp..
But a good suggestion none the less.

Sorry,

I know on my sharp that if as soon as I plug hdmi and it see's audio it turns on the spdif output. I do need to turn off the Tv's speakers to get it to pass through stereo though if I recall.

Sorry I could not be more help.

Regards,

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
asrock 300, sound on both hdmi and spdif ?0