[Live] Old Xbox user, newbie questions for XBMC Live
Ive been a long time use of Xbmc, since 2004 on my Xbox Big Grin yesterday i finally upgraded to an Acer Aspire Revvo so i can watch HD content and installed XBMC Live. I have a few newbie questions about the Linux / Live version I hope some one can help with.

Is it possible to add a link to the file manager on the main screen like in the Xbox Version? Im using the Project Mayhem HD skin.

SMB - ive done a lot of searching on the forums, everyone seems to have various different problems with various diffrent fix's that dont really work. I just get Error 2: Share not available when trying to browse the network for computers or add a share manually. Any tips for that problem?

Apart from this two minor problems im very impressed how everything works out the box on the Acer Revvo, a big thanks to everyone involved! Smile
Most new skins have custom settings for home menu editing. So
based on what skin you choose its possible.

About your smb question, see my signature on how to post about a problem.

Then follow that and i can take a look at the debug file. Please enable Debug Log and try then to create a source from a smb resource on your network.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Thanks for the tips!

I have recently discovered the Xperience skin, that looks amazing in 1080p... will be my default skin for years to come.

Here is the info you requested in regards to the SMB problem.

Revision: xbmc-9.11-live-repack
Architecture: Clean install
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem: Go to anywhere in XBMC that will allow you to map an SMB network share, e.g. the file manager, try to add a share, then select browse and the Error 2: Share not available is thrown up.
Debug log up for the smb problems: http://pastebin.com/m678131e9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Old Xbox user, newbie questions for XBMC Live0