• 8(current)
Directory Watchdog - Background file monitor service to initiate auto update library?
ventech Wrote:well i cant seem to find anything about how to do this over smb...

btw. just noticed that jdk7 will implement a watch service which does exactly what you explained, fallbacks to polling: http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalA...ase/nio/#6
Maybe you could take something from the api or code. If this isnt finished til the language refactor and java7 then at least an addon should be easy to produce

The code would most likely be in the vfs, i.e. each vfs addon needs to implement it. So for this to happen vfs needs to be redesigned. Something I have started with extremely rudimentary in my github
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I have slow PC running XBMC and if i set library to update after start then i can't play movies without lags. If update is not running it is ok. So is there some way to make xbmc update library from fileserver (samba) on background using very low priority on cpu?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Directory Watchdog - Background file monitor service to initiate auto update library?1