How to call mediasource window?
Apologies in advance if this is an obvious question - I'm just starting my skinning education and my learning curve is fairly steep right now.

I'm considering updating a skin to add a new button to call the media source window (and configuring XBMC to not display "Add Source" in the container list).

When I simply call activatewindow(mediasource) from a new button within myvideo.xml, it displays the media source window but crashes XBMC when I click browse.

Should I be passing a secondary parameter?

Or - is it not possible to call the media source window from a button?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
You can't call it from anywhere else, no. If you can detail how you reproduce the crash it's something we may look into fixing.

In addition, we aim to eventually add parameters to ActivateWindow() for dialogs like this that would allow this sort of thing. If you'd like to work on this, please let me know and I'm more than happy to guide you through the sources.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Jonathan - Understood, and thanks very much for the quick reply!

Regards,
Mike
Hi, I have some what same problem. I want to add source from my plugin. On click I am opening mediasource window,Mediasource window is appearing but it is not working fine. Am facing following problems.
1. Sometimes xbmc is crashing when i click on "Browse".
2. "Set content" window is not coming after browsing and selecting path.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to call mediasource window?0