• 5(current)
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version
maniac79 Wrote:Wow, great man. Thank you. Smile

Will you add support for the XBOX360 controller in the future as well?

Thanks,
Dennis

I need to see, because the ASROCK ION330-HT ir remote is also on my list and it's not possible to support multie devices at the same time. What I can do instead is add the drivers to the cd and make comments in the lirc conf files.
Hi Erhnam,
thanks for the great job. I will get my 330HT in a few days and give a try your release. To be clear, is remote that comes with the box is suportet by yours release? Any known Asrock 330 issues to be fixed?

regards
Salata
Hi,

I have the ASRock HT, and I am trying to get the remote to work. First I tried ubuntu with XBMC on it, but remote not working, after installing driver. "mode2 -d /dev/lirc0" shows out though, so it must be the lirc setup that is not working I think. I have also tried the xbmcfreak V5, and installed the driver you had zipped in /usr/src, but still no luck.

Are there a better change that the version 4 is wokring better with the remote? It is not important for all this supend mode problem, if I just could get the remote to work in xbmc I would be VERY happy. I have tried a lot also using Ubuntu with different kernel versions (as some say that is the issue), but still no luck. I have even also installed aWindows XP just to verify the remote is working, and it is indeed working in windows 8witht eh ASRock driver).

I have also tried to use the irrecorder, and it gives me a lot of dots as expected, but then at some step it fails, and it says it could not find some pattern (I am at work now, so do not have the specific errormessage from irrecord), but tha it is sure it is a MCE remote....Huh Edit: It is when irrecord comes to the step saying "Hit one button very quickly manytimes" (or something like that), then when I hit the button first time, it exits with the error.
I have erhnam's LiveCD running great on my Revo 1600. Awesome work! XBMC runs wonderfully, with full audio working through HDMI.

When I choose BoxeeLive, the video runs great through Hulu, but no audio! I do get audio through BoxeeLive when I play an audio file (although the playback is ever so slightly too fast), so I'm not sure what is up...anyone else having audio issues with Hulu when running Boxee?
On my POV ION system I only get a black screen, don't even get to see grub Sad.
Anybody know why this happens?
whannausexbmc Wrote:Hi,

I have the ASRock HT, and I am trying to get the remote to work. First I tried ubuntu with XBMC on it, but remote not working, after installing driver. "mode2 -d /dev/lirc0" shows out though, so it must be the lirc setup that is not working I think. I have also tried the xbmcfreak V5, and installed the driver you had zipped in /usr/src, but still no luck.

Are there a better change that the version 4 is wokring better with the remote? It is not important for all this supend mode problem, if I just could get the remote to work in xbmc I would be VERY happy. I have tried a lot also using Ubuntu with different kernel versions (as some say that is the issue), but still no luck. I have even also installed aWindows XP just to verify the remote is working, and it is indeed working in windows 8witht eh ASRock driver).

I have also tried to use the irrecorder, and it gives me a lot of dots as expected, but then at some step it fails, and it says it could not find some pattern (I am at work now, so do not have the specific errormessage from irrecord), but tha it is sure it is a MCE remote....Huh Edit: It is when irrecord comes to the step saying "Hit one button very quickly manytimes" (or something like that), then when I hit the button first time, it exits with the error.

Boxee does not have hdmi audio enabled by default. If you switch this on in the menu/settings you will see the sound working.
Hi, great job with this V5 release, i just have few questions.

Is it possible to get wireless network working?
Is it possible to get 1080p 24hz or some kind of automatic refresh adjustment?
erhnam Wrote:I need to see, because the ASROCK ION330-HT ir remote is also on my list and it's not possible to support multie devices at the same time. What I can do instead is add the drivers to the cd and make comments in the lirc conf files.

Hi,

I believe only 1 lirc-device a time is supported, but 1 lirc and 1 USB XBOX360 controller (XBOX remote) should work?

But I agree, if the boxed remote works, there's no need for the XBOX360 controller.

Smile
lush Wrote:erhnam - thanks for your great work.

I have installed your XBMCLive version and everything went smoothly...but I am having a problem with my MCE remote and resume from standby. I have been able to get suspend/resume working temporarily using the methods outlined in the wiki here however when I get to the last step "Committing to rc.local" I do not find the file 'rc.local' in the expected location...should I create it or am I going in the wrong direction here?

I am also experiencing a second problem in that when I do resume from standby the remote no longer responds. The light on the ir receiver lights when I press a button, but nothing happens in XBMC. Any advice on this?

Thanks in advance.

Im having the same problem as Lush, the MCE remote works out of the box, i can suspend fine but when i come out of suspend the remote doesnt work anymore. i have to use the keyboard to reboot and then the remote works perfect again.....

Thanks
I don't know if this is your problem but I found this (see below) and it cured my problem with the remote not working after coming out of suspend. Give it a try and hope that it works.

How to select remote in lirc

You need to get back to the reconfigure screen that you saw when you installed lirc. Fire up Putty and type
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc
The first screen will be for Remotes, I chose
"Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes (all)"

For Receivers I chose
"Microsoft Windows Media Center V2 (usb) : Direct TV Receiver"
Don't worry about the Direct TV part, it just references the mceusb2 driver that you need.
On a separate note, thanks for this release. It makes everything so simple.

I would love some advice. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get xbmc live to work with firefox on my revo 3610. I installed launcher and firefox but was unable to get firefox to work. It kind of opens on half the screen and then freezes. Unfortunately, I really don't know what I am doing and I have searched and tried various things without success.

Is there anyone who has firefox working on xbmc live successfully and willing to guide me?

Thanks.
Installed today on my Revo 3610 (Ion 330). Looks great but I don't seem to have any clicks over HDMI when I navigate around the UI and I have some strange samba issues with my W7 server.

I can see the MSHOME workgroup and the machines in it but cannot go any further down to select the actual shares. Comes up with an error saying "function not implemented".

Stumped!
Welcome to the club Sad I can access my share but one folder in it ....
jgs2n Wrote:I don't know if this is your problem but I found this (see below) and it cured my problem with the remote not working after coming out of suspend. Give it a try and hope that it works.

How to select remote in lirc

You need to get back to the reconfigure screen that you saw when you installed lirc. Fire up Putty and type
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc
The first screen will be for Remotes, I chose
"Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes (all)"

For Receivers I chose
"Microsoft Windows Media Center V2 (usb) : Direct TV Receiver"

Thanks...Jgs2n...worked a treat.
Don't worry about the Direct TV part, it just references the mceusb2 driver that you need.
'

Thanks jgs2n...worked great.
In this version .... does the CD/DVD work ? I have a Asrock 330 HT ... I installed Ubuntu Minimal Karmic with XBMScript .... and lots works but the DVD doesn't. What are the remaining problems for this Release ?
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version1