• 52(current)
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version
Well now i cant seem to access my shares over the network anymore. Stays at loading all the time. Strange.
Got it installed on my Revo after updating unetbootin. Installed Samba and got my shares up and running. The only problem seems to be i can't get any sound playing video or menus. HDMI straight to the tv. Xbmcfreak V14 worked fine. Is there something i have to install or update?
Yeah, I am having the same problem with audio. I was about to ask whether this release incorporates all the audio fixes or not.

How did you install Samba?
AaronD Wrote:Yeah, I am having the same problem with audio. I was about to ask whether this release incorporates all the audio fixes or not.

How did you install Samba?

Type: apt-get update
Type: apt-get install samba
Confirm Y for yes
Type: Reboot
Once XBMC restarts exit out and login in with 'root'
Type: mkdir /home/(your user name)/Media <---this is case sensitive
Type: nano /etc/samba/smb.conf
Scroll to the very bottom and type:

[Media]
path = /home/(your user name)/Media <---this is case sensitive
force user = root
inherit permissions = yes
read only = no
guest ok = yes

[System]
path = /home/(your user name)/.xbmc (and it is .xbmc not just xbmc)
force user = root
inherit permissions = yes
read only = no
guest ok = yes

Press ctrl+X and save
Type: Reboot
how do i install onto my Zotac MAG which doesn't have a CDROM drive?

i create a bootable thumbdrive using uinetbootin .. and start the boot process
it starts loading .. but then it has a fit over not being able to load a CDROM driver and basically craps out and kicks me to a generic menu where my options boil down to load cdrom driver or abort installation
pletopia Wrote:how do i install onto my Zotac MAG which doesn't have a CDROM drive?

i create a bootable thumbdrive using uinetbootin .. and start the boot process
it starts loading .. but then it has a fit over not being able to load a CDROM driver and basically craps out and kicks me to a generic menu where my options boil down to load cdrom driver or abort installation

update unetbootin, the same problem until i updated. Hope that helps
i did .. i re-ran it using unetbootin-windows-471.exe and i got the same thing
First I want to say thanks for Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn31495 so far it seems to be working great on my Revo.

For those with audio problems this is what i did to make it work after i installed the new live cd. (please note im really new to all of this so im not sure if its the best method but it worked on my Revo)

Step 1: After you have finished installing the live cd Ctrl + Alt + F1

Step 2: I stopped xbmc with this code.
Code:
sudo stop xbmc-live

Step 3: Didnt check if wget was already installed but installed it anyway.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wget

Step 4: Downloaded new Nvidia Drivers (not sure what was already installed)
Code:
wget ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/256.35/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run

Step 5: Then installed it
Code:
sudo chmod +x NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run
sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run

Step 6: Reboot
Code:
sudo reboot

Step 7: Im not at home so im not 100% what the names for the xbmc sound settings i used but i remember the first one i set to HDMI 2.0 (dont have my surround sound set up at the moment). Second option was set to custom with (plug:hdmi) and the third was also HDMI.

Again i have only been using linux for a few weeks so im not really sure if this works for everyone or if all the steps are needed but its what i did and it worked for me.
error
stephenvz Wrote:First I want to say thanks for Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn31495 so far it seems to be working great on my Revo.

For those with audio problems this is what i did to make it work after i installed the new live cd. (please note im really new to all of this so im not sure if its the best method but it worked on my Revo)

Step 1: After you have finished installing the live cd Ctrl + Alt + F1

Step 2: I stopped xbmc with this code.
Code:
sudo stop xbmc-live

Step 3: Didnt check if wget was already installed but installed it anyway.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wget

Step 4: Downloaded new Nvidia Drivers (not sure what was already installed)
Code:
wget ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/256.35/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run

Step 5: Then installed it
Code:
sudo chmod +x NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run
sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run

Step 6: Reboot
Code:
sudo reboot

Step 7: Im not at home so im not 100% what the names for the xbmc sound settings i used but i remember the first one i set to HDMI 2.0 (dont have my surround sound set up at the moment). Second option was set to custom with (plug:hdmi) and the third was also HDMI.

Again i have only been using linux for a few weeks so im not really sure if this works for everyone or if all the steps are needed but its what i did and it worked for me.

this worked, the only thing i did was at the end of the install it asked to do a auto-config. Just say no. and everything was fine. thanks again
Riffmaker Wrote:Just installed the new version. Working well except I can't get a command line up which I need to mount local drives and install xbox 360 controller keymap.xml. I just get a blank screen when I use any of the ctl-alt-function keys. (psst can you add xbox 360 support to the next build?)

Any ideas why I'm getting a blank screen and how I can fix it?

I have the same problem. When i exit XBMC or press any ctrl-alt-function keys i only get a blank screen. Remot elogin using Putty works.

Any idea?
ekb20b Wrote:this worked, the only thing i did was at the end of the install it asked to do a auto-config. Just say no. and everything was fine. thanks again

Why did you not do the auto-config? Just curious. I said yes, and haven't had any problems.

stoffmann Wrote:I have the same problem. When i exit XBMC or press any ctrl-alt-function keys i only get a blank screen. Remot elogin using Putty works.

Any idea?

Yep, same problem here.
matchsmalone Wrote:Why did you not do the auto-config? Just curious. I said yes, and haven't had any problems.

I dont remember what i did now but i think i would have said yes as well Smile
matchsmalone Wrote:Why did you not do the auto-config? Just curious. I said yes, and haven't had any problems.

everytime i said yes and rebooted it wouldn't boot xbmc. When i said no it worked.
I'm running xbcmfreak-10.08-svn31440-lucid1

What's the recommended method of keeping it updated (other than just reinstalling)?
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version1