Asrock 330HT IR remote control not working when wakeup from suspend?
The point of XBMC is to provide a powerful, flexible front-end for your HTPC to display and play items in your digital media collection.

Not to put your computer to sleep.
ECEC Wrote:The point of XBMC is to provide a powerful, flexible front-end for your HTPC to display and play items in your digital media collection.

Not to put your computer to sleep.

Yes but how can you call it flexible if the remote is not working after sleep? Its not flexible than. I agree with you that when XBMC starts and the remote works it just works amazingly good but just this tiny thing makes it less functional.
The use of XBMC is that we developers are happy with it since we developed it for us as it is a hobby open source product and we aren't paid for it.

Agreed looks like the wrong section. Seems difficult to solve those problems if I dunno on which OS I'm.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:The use of XBMC is that we developers are happy with it since we developed it for us as it is a hobby open source product and we aren't paid for it.

Agreed looks like the wrong section. Seems difficult to solve those problems if I dunno on which OS I'm.

Well srry for my reaction i didn't wanted to offend you guys because you guys do a great job. And it does work great. But i was a little frustrated about not getting the remote to work when it returns from suspend mode. Because today i spend 4 hours research on how to get that little thingy to work and posting help posts for someone to come up with the solution.

But its free and its already great as it is. So here are my apologies keep up the good work. But if you know any solution to the problem of how i can fix this than please inform me about it because thats the last thing i need to have it functional.

I will hear soon enough thanks,

Fjerpje
The quickest fix might be to get a different remote. In particular get one that emultaes a keyboard and doesn't need Lirc. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Control_Reviews for some remotes that work on my test Ubuntu installation without Lirc (the Speedlink and "Unbranded" remotes). No picture of the Speedlink because I can't get the picture to upload.

JR
Hello,

Can you please pastebin your

/var/log/pm-suspend.log, so we can see what is happening.

Do the above FIRST.

Did you do all the script stuff at ROOT level like the wiki states?

I do not use that script I have wrote my own but I use mythtv as well.

I am also not sure but that script calls requests that would normally need sudo or root commands.

Someone correct me here, would he not need to add NO PASSWORD to his sudoers file.

Just pastebin the log file before doing anything else.

Regards,

Dave
I have exactly the same problem.

After waking up from standby the remote no longer works.
As suggested above I took a look at /var/log/pm-suspend.log and I see what's causing the problem. But I don't have a clue how to fix it.

Before putting the system into standby, "lsmod" shows the following:

Code:
lirc_mceusb            15520  1
lirc_dev               10804  3 lirc_mceusb

After resuming it shows:

Code:
lirc_mceusb            15520  0
lirc_dev               10804  1 lirc_mceusb

So obviously the lirc module isn't properly loaded.

My /var/log/pm-suspend.log looks like this:

Code:
[....]
Sat Jan  9 13:00:00 CET 2010: performing suspend
Sat Jan  9 13:00:23 CET 2010: Awake.
Sat Jan  9 13:00:23 CET 2010: Running hooks for resume
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/99video resume suspend: success.
/etc/pm/sleep.d/99lirc-resume.sh resume suspend:   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
^M  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0^M153   153    0   153    0     0  34545      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 51000
<html><head><title>Document Error: Data follows</title></head>
                <body><h2>Access Error: Data follows</h2>
                <p>Missing form name</p></body></html>

* Stopping execution daemon: irexec
   ...done.
* Stopping remote control daemon(s): LIRC
   ...done.
ERROR: Module lirc_wb677 does not exist in /proc/modules
FATAL: Module lirc_wb677 not found.
* Loading LIRC modules
   ...done.
* Unable to load LIRC kernel modules. Verify your
* selected kernel modules in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
* Starting execution daemon: irexec
   ...fail!

Any help would be much appreciated.
I got it.
Had to edit 99lirc-resume.sh and change the name of the lirc module to lirc_mceusb.
massaquah Wrote:I got it.
Had to edit 99lirc-resume.sh and change the name of the lirc module to lirc_mceusb.

What do you mean with changing the lirc module and where is it located if you want to change it? My script doesnt even get executed when i look up in the log file i cannot even find 99lirc-resume.sh
Yep that is why I said PASTEBIN your script so we could look at it.

Regards,

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock 330HT IR remote control not working when wakeup from suspend?0