[AppleTV] Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-MA pass-through (bitstream) over HDMI on Apple TV?
Go to Settings>System>Audio Output, select HDMI, and uncheck AC3 and DTS. XBMC will decode them to PCM. Your TV should play AC3 okay though as-is, just DTS is usually a problem.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-08-25, 01:09)DDDamian Wrote: Go to Settings>System>Audio Output, select HDMI, and uncheck AC3 and DTS. XBMC will decode them to PCM. Your TV should play AC3 okay though as-is, just DTS is usually a problem.

oh gawd, it's so simple! here i am going through all types of configurations and not noticing the most simple one! it completely unintentionally went over my head lol! thanks!

i ended up turning it all back on since i got a sound bar, all these efforts to get DTS to play on my flat panel was for nothing lol
heh - glad it's all good now
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-MA pass-through (bitstream) over HDMI on Apple TV?0