USB CDROM drive and CD AUDIO/RIP issue
No USB cdrom drive will play or rip an audio CD in XBMC. Internal CDROM works fine. CDDB does find the cd info and populate the track names however.

18:58:16 T:5944 M:1053978624 ERROR: file cdda: Reading 52 sectors of audio data starting at lsn 0 failed
18:58:16 T:7940 M:1053827072 ERROR: file cdda: Reading 52 sectors of audio data starting at lsn 0 failed
18:58:16 T:1572 M:1052794880 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Error while decoding 1

There is one of those for each track, with the starting sectors of each track at the end.

18:58:17 T:8060 M:1050181632 ERROR: file cdda: Reading 52 sectors of audio data starting at lsn 18163 failed

Any ideas on how to resolve?
compile in debug mode, attached a debugger and search Smile
Don't have a usb drive so can't suggest a fix.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I am not sure the point of telling me to do that. If I had the skillset, resources and time I would. But I posted here to see if anyone has run into this problem before and to see if anyone had some wisdom. Which to me is the point of posting in a forum...

I ran XBMC in debug mode and it tells me nothing more than what I posted. I have tried several USB CDROM drives and they all have the similar problem. Anyone else run across this.

My goal is to have a USB dvdrom drive 100ft away from my computer (Already have the USB run and working (in 2.0 mode too if anyone is interested) as it plays DVD's just fine). Anyone else have an idea?
I can't be the only person with this issue. Anyone have any ideas?
Eatmeimadanish Wrote:I can't be the only person with this issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

exactly the same problem here...I couldn't find any similar post giving a solution to this. Were you able to fix it?
I use an external LG DVD-R...
I couldn't find any solution on the forum. Is there any?
I use the xbmc-9.11 under win XP.
perro6969 Wrote:I couldn't find any solution on the forum. Is there any?
I use the xbmc-9.11 under win XP.

This issue still persists in RC2. I am going to try to debug, but this does this with EVERY usb cdrom drive I use in Windows XP. I have not tried this in windows 7 yet.

Anyone have any ideas?
I'm having the exact same problem.

My System info per xbmc log:
Platform: Windows 7, 32-bit build 7600. Built on Dec 17 2010 (SVN:35647, compiler 1500)
Intel® Atom™ CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz

My CD drive is also USB installed internally in the Zotac ZBOXHD-ID34BR-U PC.

It would be really nice to see a resolution to this issue.
Thanks
hpooni Wrote:My System info per xbmc log:
Platform: Windows 7, 32-bit build 7600. Built on Dec 17 2010 (SVN:35647, compiler 1500)
Intel® Atom™ CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz

My CD drive is also USB installed internally in the Zotac ZBOXHD-ID34BR-U PC.

Same problem, same hardware, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit, using Dharma (10.0). I also have the same problem on my Lenovo laptop (Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit) which has a USB CD/DVD.

On both systems, I ran XBMC 10.0 with "Run as Administrator" and tried 4-5 different CD.

Help is need; it's not a one off situation.

Thanks!

-Patrick
Same problem with windows 7 and dharma 10.0. Anyone have a wor around?
I have the same issue, using Dharma 10.0, Win7x64 and an ASRock setup with a Blu-ray drive. can't play or rip Audio CDs, and getting the same error messages in the debug log.
same problem here...
A friend has this problem even with a internal CD/DVD rom!!
Same problem! Revo 3700 Win7 with Plextor BD-ROM PX-B120U usb drive.

Debug mode didn't give me much more info. Can paste what I have if it helps...
Same issue with Zotac ID-33 Win 7 install and portable Version.
Linux is runnig without any faults.

Nobebody there with an idea?

Regards scribere089
have you checked to see if it is securely connected? Tried different usb ports? Also check for new drivers including the usb controller on your pc. That's all ive got without a proper debug log.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB CDROM drive and CD AUDIO/RIP issue0