USB CDROM drive and CD AUDIO/RIP issue
Hi,

the CD Drive / connection is Ok. It's an internal drive which cannot be disconnect.
It plays with XBMC live and Windows Mediaplayer. With XBMC on Windows 7 and xp it plays dvd roms, without any problems. The drive letter is E:\ when i connect a second drive R:\ in windows it's also shown in XBMC. But the content of both drives is from drive e:\. The audio CD in R:\ is not shown in XBMC.Huh

regards scribere
I have already posted the debug information. Nothing there but a repeating error forever... and ever... about to test with new release, not expecting anything to change.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:have you checked to see if it is securely connected? Tried different usb ports? Also check for new drivers including the usb controller on your pc. That's all ive got without a proper debug log.

Hi,

I've got also the same problem, but with an internal blueray drive.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11007

You would have my full corporation/testing/... ear to help you fix this.

I just need someone that want to spend time to solve this bug.

I'm working on XBMC 10.1

I have the problem with the original version and the with the dual audio patched version.

I think the issue has a low priority because of the usb drive. But the problem also exists on the internal Blueray Drive... Could someone please kick this problem a little bit higher?
Is the Bluray drive with SATA or ATAPI interface? If it is SATA, chances are that it works if you have the SATA port set to AHCI instead of IDE mode in your BIOS setup. At least cheap LiteON drives work this way.
Im having the exact same issuea as the op. Runing win7, latest stable xbmc build with a USB CD drive on external power. Same exact issus. Can load audio cd. But cant play tracks. Im out side right now will post log later.
Ok to review... Yes the USB drive works in everything else, it even plays DVD's in XBMC. The issue still remains however in 10.1 where USB CDROMs wont play/rip CD data from USB drive.

Please do not post if we checked cables, if we are using SATA, and if we could post debug... this has all been outlined already and is confirmed as an issue.
Eatmeimadanish Wrote:Ok to review... Yes the USB drive works in everything else, it even plays DVD's in XBMC. The issue still remains however in 10.1 where USB CDROMs wont play/rip CD data from USB drive.

Please do not post if we checked cables, if we are using SATA, and if we could post debug... this has all been outlined already and is confirmed as an issue.

For a guy that needs help, you really don't have the best attitude.
Rainbow 
clubwerks Wrote:For a guy that needs help, you really don't have the best attitude.

Seriously, how many times have posters blindly posted the arrogant "please post debug if you want us to help you" when it was in the first post?

I don't need help, I modified XBMC to run EAC from the command line and use that to rip cd's. I just thought that maybe someone would like to know XBMC has a bug in it... Its been a year, and I still get the lame "please post debug" or even better, "have you tried changing it to IDE?". The point is that I can run USB 2.0 over 150 feet, I'll give you 10 bucks if you can do that with an IDE cable. Since my unit is not near my tv, I use a slot load USB drive to play dvd's mounted behind my tv. I just wish it could rip CD's...

Thanks for your assistance though...
I know its been 10 months since this thread cooled down but I just purchased a Lenovo Ideacentre Q180. it has a module blueray player and I'm getting this exact same error when I try to rip audio CDs. I can rip the CD just fine with out rippers (EAC, Audiomonkey, etc) but not with XBMC.

My log, first without and then with debug turned on is here.

http://pastebin.com/Q4WXGt6C

I hope someone on the dev team can look at this.
I'm having the same problem with my Lenovo Q180. DVD playing works fine natively in XBMC, but when I try an audio CD it skips through it in about 5 seconds, without outputting sound, but it does log on to CDDB and get the information first!
(2012-08-31, 10:56)wildclover Wrote: I'm having the same problem with my Lenovo Q180. DVD playing works fine natively in XBMC, but when I try an audio CD it skips through it in about 5 seconds, without outputting sound, but it does log on to CDDB and get the information first!

You've EXACTLY reproduced my experience. DVD's play perfectly; CD's are read enough to look them up but don't play.

I wonder if this is the case for ALL Lenovo Q180 owners.

Hey dev's what can we do to help?

(2012-08-31, 10:56)wildclover Wrote: I'm having the same problem with my Lenovo Q180. DVD playing works fine natively in XBMC, but when I try an audio CD it skips through it in about 5 seconds, without outputting sound, but it does log on to CDDB and get the information first!

Same problem with my newly bought Samsung SE-208 USB DVD-writer.
Plays DVD-movies but just skips through audio-cd's without playing a note.
Seems like this has been a bug for quite some time.
Why no fix?

Same here with Optiarc internal USB DVD/CD-ROM drive (Asus Eeee box EB1501P). DVD playback is fine in XBMC, but CD Audio skips tracks as you press PLAY CD then exit. Also tried CD Audio playing outside XBMC (Windows Media Player) and is working fine (I suspected a bad drive).
Any solution?

karoshi99 & benzodeaze could you please create the error again and post your log files? I can't say that it will help get some developer attention but at least they won't be able to say we didn't give them all of the info we have.

Thanks.
(2012-09-08, 15:43)rcrh Wrote: karoshi99 & benzodeaze could you please create the error again and post your log files? I can't say that it will help get some developer attention but at least they won't be able to say we didn't give them all of the info we have.

Thanks.

Now I got a 163K logfile. What do I do with it?
Too big to paste.

EDIT: OK, put it at a public fileserver http://fserv.skill-club.com/get_1521_0db3.html

Hope this works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB CDROM drive and CD AUDIO/RIP issue0