Netflix
I just recently Got a new laptop and I had XBMC on my modded xbox and then on my family pc. The kids love it and so do I. but my new Pc came with Windows media center. Now my friend has vista and older model of windows than mine. his WMC has netflix and mine does not. Maybe this could be a future feature for XBMC and I'm sure it'd make alot of people very happy. and maybe Pandora radio and last.fm as well those may be suggestions that could be put to thought. What do you guys think?
cryogate.ops Wrote:I just recently Got a new laptop and I had XBMC on my modded xbox and then on my family pc. The kids love it and so do I. but my new Pc came with Windows media center. Now my friend has vista and older model of windows than mine. his WMC has netflix and mine does not. Maybe this could be a future feature for XBMC and I'm sure it'd make alot of people very happy. and maybe Pandora radio and last.fm as well those may be suggestions that could be put to thought. What do you guys think?

There is a netflix add-on for XBMC, but I warn you it probably isnt as clean as the WMC plugin. The XBMC version treats everything as a file directory(unless of course you have a skin that has a netflix add-on skin included, wish I knew what files I need to do this myself but have no exp with skinning) and then launches your web browser(normally IE) with a wrapper to watch the video. I havnt used the WMC plugin personally, but from looking at screenshots it looks like its play back is very similair to the boxee version.

Anyway, here is the link for the netflix plugin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87552

The app works fine, its just the playback window isnt as stream lined as in other media front ends such as WMC, so please dont take this as an insult to the dev(who has done a great job).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix0