How to Increase the number of Recently Added movies
Hi,

I'm using media stream as my skin, currently when you select recently added movies it shows the 25 most recent.

Does anyone know how to change this to the most recent say 50 or 100?

25 means I miss a few movies when I add a lot at once.

Thanks in advance,

Esra.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...library.3E
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...library.3E

For more info check online manual and the wiki.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Strange, I've added the advancedsettings.xml file in userdata folder and it seems to be ignored.

This is what I have in the file:

<advancedsettings>
<recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
</advancedsettings>

Still shows 25 in the recently added list, and now I've added 3 new movies and can't see them anywhere, even when searching by the genre. I saw it add them to the library on start up though.

Any ideas?
you missed the <videolibrary> or <musiclibrary> tags.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I tried it with those also and same. Even tried other settings that are available and no difference.

Such as hiding the progress window, but it still showed. I think it's just not seeing the file.

I had the file here:
/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/userdata
Double check the instructions on the wiki and then post a full debug log in case it's still not working for you.
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

just copy and paste this and that should work.

sorry for the necrobump but google found this link right away and i found the answer thought i should share it.
(2014-06-06, 07:49)iamelnino Wrote: <advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

just copy and paste this and that should work.

sorry for the necrobump but google found this link right away and i found the answer thought i should share it.

Found this via a Google search. Just what I was looking for.

Thank you!!
Didn't think to do this until I saw this thread. lol Thanks!
Im probably a bit late to the party... but... On Windows 10

1.. Create in Notepad a file called:   advancedsettings.xml
2.. Copy and paste the following into the file above that you have just created (my recent movie list is 75)

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
    <videolibrary>
        <recentlyaddeditems>75</recentlyaddeditems>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

3.. Save and close..
4.. Make sure the file above is copied to:   C:\Users\<<<your user name>>>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\
4.. Now open Kodi and you will now see your 75 recently added movies
Information 
(2020-09-13, 19:12)Blitz1234 Wrote: Im probably a bit late to the party... but... On Windows 10

1.. Create in Notepad a file called:   advancedsettings.xml
2.. Copy and paste the following into the file above that you have just created (my recent movie list is 75)

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
    <videolibrary>
        <recentlyaddeditems>75</recentlyaddeditems>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

3.. Save and close..
4.. Make sure the file above is copied to:   C:\Users\<<<your user name>>>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\
4.. Now open Kodi and you will now see your 75 recently added movies
No, not at all late to the party.
I also found this thread as suggested by DuckDuckGo as I were typing along, and ended up here.
Strange that this file wasn't there from the beginning, and it would seem that this is either hard-coded or this setting exists somewhere else (Haven't looked), but thankfully override-able.

I was just about to close this tab when I started looking around for that XML-file, but didn't find it as I was traversing the directories, and scrolled down and saw this life-saver (Yes, I need to get out more, but A: Living in a rural area. B: Well, Covid & stuff...).
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Increase the number of Recently Added movies0