what Animations can you do in skinning
Hi there all.

Me interested in understand what the limits are on skin design.
I have a few ideas but not sure how I can do them in a skin yet.

Question one: Can you put any type of flash format, like from Adobe in the skins or is that no possible, what I have seen so far is that its XML coder driven with pictures basically, I'm a noob at all this still, still trying to learn how all the skin stuff works.

Question two: If I want to create water ripples or smoke animation, or make something move on the home menu like that all the time, how would I go about doing it, with the limits of skinny?

Any help I would appreciate lot thank you
Rubberfingers Wrote:Hi there all.

Me interested in understand what the limits are on skin design.
I have a few ideas but not sure how I can do them in a skin yet.

if you haven't already done so, check the relevant wiki pages:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Animating_Your_Skin
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Tweeners

Rubberfingers Wrote:Question one: Can you put any type of flash format, like from Adobe in the skins or is that no possible, what I have seen so far is that its XML coder driven with pictures basically, I'm a noob at all this still, still trying to learn how all the skin stuff works.

nope, there's no flash support in the skinning engine.

Rubberfingers Wrote:Question two: If I want to create water ripples or smoke animation, or make something move on the home menu like that all the time, how would I go about doing it, with the limits of skinny?

although there's (limited) support for animated gifs, most skinners prefer to us a multiimage control with separate images for each frame of the animation.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
cool thank you for that really helps me understand the way the animation works on the skins now thank you a lot =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what Animations can you do in skinning0