XBMC live install is not simply as 1-2-3
As title.

It will ask my to input wireless info? Where can I got such info to key in? Anyone can tell me what info I need to handy in advance of the installation.

As I don't know such info, I skip the internet setting step. Now I want to add it back, pls advice what I need to do?

P.S. I will access internet connection via USB Wireless Adaptor.

THX
XBMC Live does not yet support configuration of wifi, this is something we _hope_ to mend for camelot+1.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:XBMC Live does not yet support configuration of wifi, this is something we _hope_ to mend for camelot+1.

Oh I see.... THX

BTW, I want to know how come freshly installed OS + XBMC cannot playback h.264 video? Is that I need to download h.264 codec manually? (i.e. no h.264 codec come with XBMC?)
I'm in the same boat. Just installed XBMC Live CD 9.11 on my media PC in the living room, expecting to use the Wireless USB dongle I used with XBMC for Windows (just destroyed my Windows 7 installation which actually worked OK).

But are you telling me that i cannot use this setup now wirelessly, at all?

I was delighted to see the XBMC was much smoother using the standalone version of XBMC Live, more responsive and booted - much faster - and without presenting an annoying desktop. This will help my girlfriend understand and use XBMC more efficiently, its just as user friendly as the old DVD-player we had, just with a prettier interface and infinitely more options and possibilities

So on the whole I am very pleased with the media pc this way, but SHE is going to kill me for taking out that old, long and ugly network cable she thought she had banished from the house a couple of years before...
epatnor Wrote:But are you telling me that i cannot use this setup now wirelessly, at all?

You can set it up, just not from within XBMC gui.

there are plenty of threads regarding this subject so search the forums for a guide.

Hopefully, if time permits, I'll get gui configuration of network done before next stable but its very downprioritized since I don't even use wifi and its not the best for 1080p streaming either. My wifi card works badly aswell and crashes my kernel so I can't leave it in under normal usage, just development. SO even if I want to get this done you might see why it may take time or not even be finished, we do this for fun afterall.

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC live install is not simply as 1-2-30