[REQUEST] Ventrilo Jukebox using XBMC?
I have no coding skills but have been using Mangler for a while now...I think a script could be made to use mangler and xbmc together on an xbox to have a xbmc jukebox over ventrilo.

mangler.org is the site for mangler...its open source

so you could have the xbmc web interface, mangler, and the song playing displayed in the comments.
Possibly without looking at it, but why would you want to do it over ventrilo, there are other streaming solutions out there that are much more qualified for that task. Besides that running a ventrilo server used (back in the days I used it) suck the life out of your connection even with just 3-4 people connected.
well I have a vent server running all the time and if I wanna play music for my friends I need to have ventrilo, sterio mix, and winamp + web interface running all the time...which takes a lot out of my pc and makes the games we play choppy.
I was considering having a second pc for it but I have an xbox here connected and with xbmc...so was looking to get some use out of it..
then I could do whatever with my pc again...like switching from linux to windows and back without disrupting the jukebox
my connection isnt awesome..but the jukebox never even comes close to slowing my net down...im talking about mangler/xbmc connecting to a paid vent server...not hosting one
Ahh, I was thinking of hosting a server, well.. still you cant run mangler on xbox. perhaps if you do a linux installation on the xbox, but then there is no real room to run xbmc in linux there, so basically i would diss your idea..

Maybe run linux on xbox with mangler and some small mp3 player relaying sound to mangler could work.. need to remember though, it's only a Pentium III 733 with 64MB RAM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Ventrilo Jukebox using XBMC?0