what step am I missing.....
I got my Xbox DVD dongle modified and connected to my Revo via USB.

Keymap.xml file is created in my home directory and matches my lircd.conf file.

Here is my keymap.xml:

Code:
[xbmc@XBMC keymaps]$ pwd
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps
[xbmc@XBMC keymaps]$ cat Keymap.xml
[xbmc@XBMC userdata]$ cat keymap.xml
<!-- This file contains the mapping of LIRC keys to XBMC keys used in Keymap.xml  -->
<!--                                                                              -->
<!-- How to add remotes                                                           -->
<!-- <remote device="name_Lirc_calls_the_remote">                                 -->
<!--                                                                              -->
<!-- For the commands the layout following layout is used                         -->
<!-- <XBMC_COMMAND>LircButtonName</XBMC_COMMAND>                                  -->
<!-- For a list of XBMC_COMMAND's check out the <remote> sections of keymap.xml   -->

<lircmap>    
    <remote device="Xbox_Remote">
        <play>play</play>
        <pause>pause</pause>
        <stop>stop</stop>
        <forward>forward</forward>
        <reverse>reverse</reverse>
        <left>left</left>
        <right>right</right>
        <up>UP</up>
        <down>DOWN</down>
        <select>enter</select>
        <back>back</back>
        <menu>menu</menu>
        <title>title</title>
        <info>info</info>
        <skipplus>skip+</skipplus>
        <skipminus>skip-</skipminus>
        <display>display</display>
        <one>1</one>
        <two>2</two>
        <three>3</three>
        <four>4</four>
        <five>5</five>
        <six>6</six>
        <seven>7</seven>
        <eight>8</eight>
        <nine>9</nine>
        <zero>0</zero>
    </remote>
</lircmap>

The original Xbox DVD remote is working fine. However, my Harmony 880 is not.

In the Harmony App I chose the Game Console(w/ DVD) original XBOX, but it complains about needing to buy the DVD playback kit.

I was under the impression that after selecting XBOX w/ DVD in the Harmony setup that it would already have the basic codes for this remote. Is there something else I should be selecting in the Harmony setup when setting up the device? Or will I have to make the Harmony learn the remote commands from the DVD playback kit? Thanks for any help.

-hogfan
The harmony takes additional setup. You may want to look up "harmony lircd.conf" to get a better idea of what needs to happen. I would help out more but I've only read in passing that harmony remotes can be difficult.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
There's nothing extra to do for the xbox dvd dongle. The harmony app is only telling you it won't work without the kit, not stopping you from using it. If it is, in fact, actually stopping you from selecting the profile, their software is broken and you should contact them. More than likely this is a case of PEBKAC. You can also try the "media center extender for xbox" profile, which has a few more buttons than the regular dvd remote and works with the same receiver dongle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what step am I missing.....0