XBMC Video Calibration Settings not being saved
Hi

I run both Boxee and XBMC on Karmic, set up via biptn excellent script from here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=459...tcount=176

I have a 32" full HD TV and I need to use the Video Calibration option to squish the picture so it fits on my screen.

All works fine and these settings are saved between boots....
...however, if I exit out of XBMC and then load Boxee (which is run using the same Openbox script) and then exit out of Boxee and load XBMC, the Video Calibration settings have been lost and I have to recalibrate again.

Is this an issue with XBMC or OpenBox (I know very little about OpenBox, hence me asking first)?? Bizzarely, I don't need to recalibrate the Boxee screen ever..

Anyone know?

What kinda logs would be useful, I can post the XBMC log if it would help.
Perhaps you're using an ancient version of boxee that still writes to ~/.xbmc? You didn't really supply any info to go on. Take a look at the sticky regarding posting problems in a useful manner.
Actually, it seems it might be an OpenBox issue. Since it only occurs if I switch between XBMC > Boxee > XBMC. If I then shutdown and restart, XBMC has the correct Video Callibrations again. So clearly XBMC has stored the settings.

FYI, I'm using the latest "Beta" version of Boxee, as launched at CES this week.

I'll hunt around further to see if I can find anything useful in the XBMC logs or in the OpenBox logs.

Sorry for not posting the XBMC logs, I wasn't sure if they'd be useful or not, but I guess that isn't my call.
Prupert, I'm having the same problem with my nvidia card (overscan). How did you run this script? sorry I'm very new to linux.
Do you mean biptn's script??

You run it via issuing:

sudo ./nameofscript

This script installs XBMC, a window manager (openbox) and nvidea drivers. Are you sure this is what you want to do?

If you are having overscan problems, just go to Settings > Video > Video Calibration and shrink the screen...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Calibration Settings not being saved0