Screwed Video using VDPAU
Sad 
My Setup is a ASROCK ION330, with XBMC Live (26540) installed to HDD. Until the last update everything was fine, but since the update video playback for most files is totally screwed. I found out, that when I turn off the "Adjust Display Refresh Rate"-option, everything works fine (except the movies are not running perfectly smooth...).

My Debug-Log ist here: http://www.pastebin.org/73059

Maybe someone here can help me out. Something else I noticed (maybe it is related to this problem?) is that my TV (Samsung B650) always shows 1920x1080@60Hz no matter what resolution and refresh-rate I choose in xbmc. My xorg.conf ist here: http://www.pastebin.org/73060
I think there are some pretty nasty video problems in the latest SVN build. At least that's what I see on mine. Also had no video issues before installing the Jan 8 build in karmic.
Seems I am one step further. I just added the Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native" Option to my xorg.conf. Now switching resolutions actually works.

BUT automatic resolution switching fails for HD movies. If I set 24Hz for XBMC all 24fps HD movies work, my SD tv-shows work, but my 25fps HDTV rips dont. If I set 25Hz for XBMC it is just the opposite :confused2:

So I guess I just wait for the next SVN release...
Every other video I play with VDPAU is garbled. I'd post a log, but my wife is busy watching her dumb shows.

What SVN revision is the latest official release? I'd rather downgrade via SVN than the PPA's.
Same here, running ION and all my HD movies are not smooth enough to watch.
Vdpau is working as well, any idea anyone ?
I seem to be having a similar problem. When I turn the system on, the first video I watch is fine, but after that everything is garbled. Only seems to affect VDPAU. Here's my debug log:

http://pastebin.com/f6f8c7355

Playback on a working video is initiated at 12:14:41. Playback on a garbled video is initiated at 12:16:21.

In the log I start playback, it's fine. I stop the playback. I start the same video file, and it's garbled.

EDIT: Turning off the "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" seems to fix the problem for me as well.
Video should only be garbled for a few seconds, then it should recover. I'm trying to reduce the likelyhood of garbled video when using resolution switching, but it's tricky
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I just watched a full 22 minute TV episode to check, and the entire thing was garbled.
i'm experiencing the same behaviour, with the 190.42 and 190.53 nvidia driver series. xbmc is at revision 26718. i first recognized this behaviour right after the crystalhd code was committed into trunk.

video is getting garbled on hd mkvs, couldn't do tests on any other hd files at time of writing. also xbmc is completely crashing while trying to access dvd isos.

what i experience in detail is as follows:

1. start playback of hd mkv.
2. video gets garbled and does not recover. at the same time the audio device does not initialize sometimes.
3. i have to fast foward to about 30sec. to 1min. -> stop fast forward by pressing play -> then stop the video
4. xbmc returns to the gui, the audiodevice stays "dead" sometimes
5. resume video at stopped position, audio device gets initialized and video plays fine.
6. when playback has finished, xbmc returns back to the gui, sometimes leaving the audiodevice in a "dead" state.

a debug log for further information:

http://pastebin.com/m249864e1

it is showing the "dead" audiodevice situation.
Same problem here. it's not all file, but most h264 ones.

When it is garbled, it stays that way for the entire clip.

Happens on my G210.

Reverting back to 9.11 and all the videos play perfectly.
Same here.
Same behavior and logs here with svn 26637. Ok with Camelot.
xbmc compiled with internal libs.
Nvidia drivers 190.53 , kernel 2.6.32
yeah, i also thought about reverting to 9.11. but i'm in need of the jpeg7 patch that was committed yesterday.
I tested a little further and it seems switching resolutions only fails, when it happens right before playback. If I switch to the appropriate refresh rate via Settings->System everything works as it should - smooth and unscrambled playback for all files.

I hope this is detailed enough so someone can figure out what went wrong...
+ 1

I can confirm this as well, with latest XBMC SVN/nvidia drivers..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screwed Video using VDPAU0