[RELEASE] Alternative Full Screen Splash Screens
openelec.tv Wrote:with this patch :-)

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~sraue/opene...h-0.1.diff
Nice! Editing Splash.cpp according to your diff worked perfectly. The splash screen looks very nice now, thanks for the tip. Smile
I'm not certain on what I'm missing here. I read above where the OP has requested a way to show the Splash Screen full-size, and receives a link to a post from 2007 that's full of dead links and little-to-no explanation... I'm in the same boat, and while it appears everybody above me is 'getting it', I'm still stuck.

I have XBMC Camelot, and I don't even have a directory called "Utils" in either the "Program Files" or the "Application Data" directories of XBMC on my system, but as I take it, there could be a subdirectory named "utils", which could have a file named SPLASH.CPP in it already, and the code shown above, and in the old thread, may be what need to be changed to get the full-screen splash page to work... ...that is, of course, if I had read somewhere how that worked - unfortunately, even after searching, and reading ancient links which should have some meat in them, I could not find it on my own.

(That seems to be a recurring theme here, I've noticed. I guess some of the information may have gotten lost over time, but a lot of links in posts redirect people to threads that just open up a whole lot more questions. It's difficult to navigate, and extremely frustrating, from time to time.)

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm ranting, or complaining, but I'm new here. I'd really, really, really appreciate it if someone could hold my hand through this process. Is there a link to where I could find this elusive "utils" directory, and the "splash.cpp" file that it inside it? Is the code, above, what I want to look for inside this file, and then, change it to reflect the 'full screen' configuration? I use Windows XP, and do not have a utility which automatically updates my XBMC program (unless it's built into the program itself) and truth be told - I'd rather not have it automatically update. I'm of the mind, "if it's working for me, let's not take the chance that a change might break something that I like". If that means I need to download this subdirectory - that's ok too, but I'd appreciate a little knowledge of where I am going wrong, here.

L'il help?
I'm in the same position as you DurhamDev i also run windows XPpro And am running xbmc camelot and i have looked in every single dam folder looking for splash.cpl it simply does not exist on my machine.
So i will things as they are unless some one can point us in the right direction as to how to acomplish this on windows xpSad
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:I'm in the same position as you DurhamDev i also run windows XPpro And am running xbmc camelot and i have looked in every single dam folder looking for splash.cpl it simply does not exist on my machine.
So i will things as they are unless some one can point us in the right direction as to how to acomplish this on windows xpSad

you can find splash.cpp only in the sources. the format of the splashscreen is hardcoded in the source. so you must change the sourcecode.

because you use precompiled binary packages you must ask your distributor of this packages for changing this, or compile your own packages from source.
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:you can find splash.cpp only in the sources. the format of the splashscreen is hardcoded in the source. so you must change the sourcecode.

because you use precompiled binary packages you must ask your distributor of this packages for changing this, or compile your own packages from source.

Ok, I do not know how to do this. The distributor of my package is, I guess, "XBMC", so I guess the question is, is there a release which has this in it? I'm using Camelot, and I'm downloading it from XBMC.org. If it's not a 'standard offering', how would one go about compiling their own?
Has anyone come up with an answer to my question? I can't be the only guy who doesn't get it...

(At least, I hope not!)
DurhamDev Wrote:Has anyone come up with an answer to my question? I can't be the only guy who doesn't get it...

(At least, I hope not!)

I´ll post an installer with that hack integrated in the next hour i think. check my thread then.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
DurhamDev Wrote:Has anyone come up with an answer to my question? I can't be the only guy who doesn't get it...

(At least, I hope not!)
No your not the only one who has no idea HOW TO COMPILE as that is way out of
my league, it really bugs me when you get post like this only to find the thread starter assumes you all are experts at codeing and don't make it clear enough as to which platform there running on. Oh well nice idea while it lastedSad
paul Wrote:No your not the only one who has no idea HOW TO COMPILE as that is way out of
my league, it really bugs me when you get post like this only to find the thread starter assumes you all are experts at codeing and don't make it clear enough as to which platform there running on. Oh well nice idea while it lastedSad

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=compiling+xbmc+windows
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=compiling+xbmc+windows
Thanks but no thanks thankfully phil65 was kind enough to compile one in his thread,
Now i am a happy bunnyBig Grin
Excellent splash! People may like this slightly more stylish B&W conversion:

Hi guys,
btw is it possible to change the duration the splash screen is shown? I'd like to see it for 3-5 seconds?

Oliver
paul Wrote:Thanks but no thanks thankfully phil65 was kind enough to compile one in his thread,
Now i am a happy bunnyBig Grin

LINK ?

Just made my own 1080 splash and it gets scaled Sad
WTF... all my selfmade splashscreens are gone.. Eek
if you've posted them in the last month, you'll need to re add them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alternative Full Screen Splash Screens2